What more can I do?

Scotty W.
on 9/21/04 6:43 am
Hi everybody! This is my very first post on the message board, though my wife and I have been reading everybody's posts for a few weeks. My question is pretty simple. What more can I do to help support my wife in her WLS journey? I want to make sure she knows I love her and support her in this anxious time (BTW, her surgery date is the last week of October! ) * told her it's her decision to make, so if she's convinced it's best for her (and she is ), I'm behind her 100%. * attended the WLS seminar given by the bariatric surgeon. * accompanied her to her WLS consult as well as appointments with her PCP, to obtain bloodwork, medical clearance letter, etc. * helped her decide the best surgery date based on both our schedules. Projected leave for the time immediately following her surgery date. * went to a local Vitamin Shoppe and purchased bottles of most liquid protein supplements they had, and we did a little "taste test" chart on the fridge. * ordered protein powder in multiple flavors. If she doesn't like them, that's OK. By working with HER on her dietary needs during this pre-op time, we've BOTH actually begun to lose weight! * encouraged her to increase her pre-op activity (mostly walking) * helped her work on planning post-op diet and activity journals * speak encouragingly and lovingly of this surgery and the life changes that will result, instead of treating this as if it's some traumatic event to "get through". I would love to hear what other pre-op spouses have done to help their WLS patients. She is truly my soul-mate, and I'm so very thankful she's in my life.
Corgi Mom !.
on 9/23/04 4:37 am - sunny, FL
You, like my very own husband know exactly what you are doing by just loving us. This post shows how much you truly care. Tell your wife my prayers are with you both during this journey...Best of luck.
Melanie H.
on 9/23/04 10:01 pm - London, Canada
Hi Scott: You are doing all the things you need to do. You are like my husband, he does all the same things with me. I can only say that you two need a support group. My hubby and I have a great support group and he attends with me. I still have my meltdowns, but knowing he is by my side in everything helps me make it through. Keep up the good work. Melanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
TESTING
DonaldDuck · 0 replies · 5264 views
Support for Non-Surgical Members
Cathy W. · 0 replies · 5950 views
Not a lot of support happening here.
JLS_NJ · 2 replies · 7144 views
No One posts here...
luvmyhubby55 · 1 replies · 6889 views
help needed
konieckursu · 0 replies · 6929 views