So Sad

Marina D.
on 1/25/05 11:58 pm - Somewhere In, VA
Currently taking a 6 week technique class learning to etch, sand blast, paint, over and under laying. I'm in my 3rd week of class, and even took a day of leave from work last week to catch my project up for last night's class. Class went well, and I was taking my project out to the car when my worst fear happened. The corner of the board that my project was on, hit the door frame, and my project fell to the sidewalk. All except 2 or 3 pieces of glass broke. I kept my composure long enough to load my things in my car, then bawled like a baby the entire way home. I was so upset. I've taken classes here before, and hauling large projects back and fourth has always concerned me. Has this ever happened to anyone here (hopefully not)? Anyway, thanks for letting me have my pity party. I won't be starting another project for this class (only 3 classes left). Instead, I'll just practice the techniques being taught on scraps of glass to get the practice in. Trying to make good of a not so good incident. -Liz
Jan B
on 2/10/05 10:48 pm - Rehoboth, MA
Just saw this post. I make stained glass on and off. I tape my peices together as I make them to hold them in position on my board. I take the tape off just before I copper foil each peice. Jan
Vindkald
on 2/23/05 9:06 am - Wynnewood, PA
That's a good idea to use tape. I've also read about people using clear (so you can still see your pattern) contact paper upside down underneath the glass pieces to keep them in place. I have a hard enough time keeping my pieces from breaking while I'm cutting them, the last thing I want is to have them break afterwards! Luckily that hasn't happened to me yet. The worse thing so far is that I was coming back from buying some new sheets of glass at a local supply store and somehow they slid out of the newspaper that the owner packaged them in. They fell to the concrete and shattered into thousands of pieces, luckly it was only about a $20 loss.
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm new
TTCromar · 6 replies · 420 views
So Sad
Marina D. · 2 replies · 328 views