March

Diane M.
on 3/5/05 6:43 am - Hazard, KY
I hope March is proving to be a good month for everyone. Here in eastern KY we had snow and ice. School was cancelled until Thursday. This in turn cancelled all the Dr. Seuss activities that were scheduled. But, March is just a slide into testing and the most important event in a teachers career... summer vacation. Diane
monet s.
on 3/5/05 8:50 am - Mountains of, NC
diane, thanks for your response to my post needing help with a lesson plan. we too, here in western north carolina, have been battling some wintry precip. last week we didn't have school monday thru thursday, then the school system called a regular schedule for friday so that the writing test could be administered (which we were supposed to have had on tuesday). i'm wondering how those scores are going to turn out? kind of scary - bringing the kids back from a nice little vacation only to take a test. as of right now we aren't scheduled to get out of school until june 10th (students) and june 13th (teachers), but for every other day of school we miss due to snow those dates just keep on backing up. our school system is in the process of trying to get the general assembly to 'forgive' some of our built up days due to the flooding we had back in september (i think it was 9 days total we missed). i hope that works out because they've already set our return dates for the fall - august 4th (teachers) and 9th (students). we won't have too much of a summer break if things keep going the way they are. anyway, take care and hang in there a couple more months! monet *down 118lbs since 9/1/04
Most Active
Recent Topics
Music teachers with VSG
Beautenoir · 0 replies · 160 views
Need some snack advice
Judy M. · 1 replies · 446 views
Need A Change Of Pace
Sis'ta "T" Bone · 0 replies · 335 views
can i miss the last day?
krmlk26 · 4 replies · 356 views
Started back Monday
shoop727 · 1 replies · 357 views