Audition question:
S W. · 2 replies · 156 views
What's GOOD? I'm new!
Maritza . · 0 replies · 146 views
Most Active

Broadway theatre seats for obese folks?

Erica S.
on 3/16/05 10:25 pm - Pflugerville, Tx
Hello, I am headed to NYC next week and I am trying to decide between On Golden Pond with James Earl Jones at the Cort theatre or 12 Angry men at the American Airlines theatre. I am really concerned about fitting in the seats. Any suggestions? Anyone have any experiences with these theatres? I am also going to the Belasco theatre.
Maria L
on 3/28/05 1:34 pm - Glen Burnie, MD
I used to live in NYC (and was a professional performer for a while) and my recollection is that the orchestra seats are the largest. I don't think you would want balcony. In some cir****tances you could be seated in the handicapped area on a free-standing chair -- depends on the venue. Right now I work at the Warner Theatre in Washington, DC. We have special Suites with larger seats. They are pricey, however...
DrGaellon
on 3/23/07 5:30 am - Yonkers, NY
Some theatres have "box seats" on the mezzanine level which have free-standing chairs rather than stadium seating - the Ford Center is one such (when I saw Ragtime there, and noticed an empty chair in a box, I asked an usher if I could move there at intermission, which they kindly permitted me to do). I'd call the theatres and ask if they have such seating, and if they're available.