Broadway theatre seats for obese folks?

Erica S.
on 3/16/05 2:25 pm - Pflugerville, Tx
Hello, I am headed to NYC next week and I am trying to decide between On Golden Pond with James Earl Jones at the Cort theatre or 12 Angry men at the American Airlines theatre. I am really concerned about fitting in the seats. Any suggestions? Anyone have any experiences with these theatres? I am also going to the Belasco theatre.
Maria L
on 3/28/05 5:34 am - Glen Burnie, MD
I used to live in NYC (and was a professional performer for a while) and my recollection is that the orchestra seats are the largest. I don't think you would want balcony. In some cir****tances you could be seated in the handicapped area on a free-standing chair -- depends on the venue. Right now I work at the Warner Theatre in Washington, DC. We have special Suites with larger seats. They are pricey, however...
DrGaellon
on 3/22/07 10:30 pm - Yonkers, NY
Some theatres have "box seats" on the mezzanine level which have free-standing chairs rather than stadium seating - the Ford Center is one such (when I saw Ragtime there, and noticed an empty chair in a box, I asked an usher if I could move there at intermission, which they kindly permitted me to do). I'd call the theatres and ask if they have such seating, and if they're available.
Most Active
Recent Topics
TRISTAN at the DISNY CONCERT HALL
karly · 0 replies · 389 views
Dracula parts posted this morning
S W. · 0 replies · 414 views
Audition question:
S W. · 2 replies · 431 views
What's GOOD? I'm new!
Maritza . · 0 replies · 311 views