BACK ON STAGE!

MR.G
on 7/20/05 10:01 pm - Greenwood, SC
I have enjoyed doing live theatre since I was very young. I have not done any shoes in a few years because of the weight. I have been cast in a show at The Abbeville Opera House in Abbeville SC in the summer season. I will be playing Prince Carpenter in FOXFIRE. I am looking forward to it. We start rehearsals this Sunday and will open on Aug. 5. Thank you Dr. Bour you are making life wonderful again!!! Terry G RNY/LAP 4/28/04 548/175 -373
krosmon
on 7/23/05 12:01 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Good for you! I too am an old stage actress - last show I did was Lend Me a Tenor back in 1998 - One of my local theaters is doing it about now, but I am way too big to do my part - and it is very physical so it is beyond my capability. Breaks my heart. When I got too big, I went into ushering, but finally got too big to even do that - I was house manager of a theater and the theater manager made a snide remark about my weight and making too much noise seating people - so I left. Now I am too big to even sit in the theater seats so have had to totally give up everything to do with theater for the time being. I am hoping to have my surgery later this year, and when the weight goes away, I want to get back on stage as soon as I can. Congratulations - you are a real incentive to me! Hope you have a wonderful run. Kathleen
dcookwrites
on 8/17/05 10:43 pm - Dover, DE
Just dropped in. Congratulations. I'm a Christian performer/minister. I lead a drama outreach into prisons and my husband and I tour a monodrama and storytelling. Also teach and direct audio theatre. I've been on a whirlwind schedule this year. We'll be leaving to minister through drama and storytelling in Trinidad (West Indies) in about three weeks. I'm working on a project that may take us to China some time next year. I'm 13.5 months out from my surgery and have lost 136 pounds. I have between 20 and 40 to lose to reach my goal weight, but would be quite satisfied where I am. Enjoy your newfound freedom as you pursue your pasion. Diane C. RNY/Open 6/29/04 335 highest wt/303 wt at surgery/166 current
Most Active
Recent Topics
TRISTAN at the DISNY CONCERT HALL
karly · 0 replies · 389 views
Dracula parts posted this morning
S W. · 0 replies · 414 views
Audition question:
S W. · 2 replies · 431 views
What's GOOD? I'm new!
Maritza . · 0 replies · 311 views