Where Are the Travelers

Karen A.
on 7/15/05 6:12 am - Orillia, Canada
I am an avid traveler. In fact I am going on the By-Pass Buddies Cruise and Conference in September. The cruise goes out of New Orleans down to Mo'Bay, Grand Cayman and then back to Cozumel. Anyone else here aboard? This will be my fifth cruise - last fall I took a biggie which was for 16 days and went to seven different countries in Asia. I plan one trip a year if possible. I have also taken a cruise out of Honolulu and it went around the island and then down to Fanning Island and back. Karen A
pattyp
on 7/17/05 9:28 am - Loserland, GA
Hey Karen....the cruises are my thing, also. Haven't done anything over 8 days. Wow 16 days. Mind sharing?? I've got a shorty going out of Galveston in Mar, then a 9 day out of Baltimore in Sep 06. Trying to get a group of folks on a 7 day out of Miami in Dec this year. patty
Karen A.
on 7/25/05 2:14 am - Orillia, Canada
Patty, The Asia cruise was amazing. It was on the Royal Princess and it set sail from Beijing on Nov 1. We sailed to Pusan, South Korea and then to Nagasaki, Japan. The Welcoming committee in Nagasaki hald a special Green Tea Ceremony for invited guests at a lovely temple that is not open to the public. It was a wonderful introduction to their culture. We then sailed to Shanghai where I took an excursion to Suzhou to see the Humble Administrator's Garden and tour the Silk Embrodery Institute. From there we went down to Hong Kong and while in port we took in a private tour around Hong Kong leaving plenty of time for shopping. Next we went to Nha Trang, Vietnam and I have to say it was the prettiest port I have ever seen. It was the place the surprized and amazed me. I guess I had some preconceived ideas. We then went to Ho Chi Min (Siagon) and I took a tour of the city which had a wonderful lunch at the Equitorial Hotel and they had a nice forklore show with Vietnamese dancer and musicians. Singapore was our next stop and my friend and I did it on our own and we ended up in Chinatown. Kuantan, Malaysia was rustic and seemed a bit primative but we were there on Sunday after Ramadan and things were not opened up yet. We took a tour out to the Malaysian Cultural Center and enjoyed a show and had lunch. Sadly our cruise came to an end in Bangkok. I spent three days before in Beijing and four days after in Bangkok. I would go back and do it all in a heart beat. The shopping was amazing! I had my own cabin/room and traveled with a super group! Email me if you want any details or info. Here is a link to my pictures on Yahoo (pre WLS of course) http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mintjulip123/album?.dir=/442d Karen A
pattyp
on 7/25/05 4:26 am - Loserland, GA
Great pics. That seems like a dream vacation. Glad you had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing. Patty
C-There
on 8/3/05 3:12 pm - Brevard County, FL
I just moved to FL from S. Korea, by way of Georgia !!! lol I came home from Korea to sell my house in GA, then find a house in FL and did all that by myself in about 2.5 months. Now, where shall I go?
pattyp
on 9/6/05 2:26 am - Loserland, GA
Hey C There.......Lot's of ground and air covered.....I fancy Tucson, AZ myself. It's very nice out there and some of the most beautiful sunsets..ahhhh. Patty
psills
on 9/5/05 10:19 am - Clarkesville, GA
HI EVERYONE!!! I just found this message board so, I'm psyched!! I love to travel and have done quite a bit. I've been to England a couple of times and have visited about 25 of our fair states here in the USA. My mom is an avid traveler and since she has retired, she's definitely going to be doing more. Patty, have you gotten a group up to leave out of Miami in December? I've NEVER been on a cruise and would LOVE to go on one!!! I teach so, it would be great if the cruise could be toward the middle of December.................but, I have personal days I could take if need be. Oh, how much do cruises usually cost? I know it depends on the time you go, but, I have no idea???? I hope to hear from some of you guys!! I just started my dream, wls, with only being post-op 4 weeks!! I have lost 32 lbs and am in a 16 stretch pants but, have BROAD shoulders and am in 18-20 tops!!! YEAHHHHHHH!!!! Hugs, Pam
pattyp
on 9/6/05 2:13 am - Loserland, GA
Check your email. Patty
Most Active