What to see in Oregon?

Joyce L.
on 7/19/05 4:58 am - Canton, MI
I'm going to be visiting Portland, Oregon in August for a family member's wedding. After the wedding, I have about 10 days to travel around the state and see what I can see. I'll be renting a car and going solo. I'd like some information about where to go and if anybody has any ideas about good but relatively inexpensive places to stay, I'd appreciate it. Hopefully my surgery will be approved when I get back so this will be my last vacation before surgery.
pattyp
on 7/25/05 4:24 am - Loserland, GA
Not sure where to go in Oregon. But the idea of just driving into unknown sounds great. Good Luck. Have a great trip and take loads of pictures. Patty
devotchka
on 7/28/05 3:02 am - tucson, AZ
Joyce,I spent many years in the NorthWest and have only good things to say about it!-When in Oregon,go right over to the coast-there are some great cabins right south of Newport.Before you spend any $$ on aquariums,etc.-go along the coastline and look for sea lions-they're everywhere!-Stick to local spots and you should be able to find lots of shells.If you like seafood,its all fresh and excellent!-Emmy
devotchka
on 7/28/05 3:07 am - tucson, AZ
Also,check out Cannon Beach # Haystack Rock # Tillamook Rock Lighthouse-both beautiful!!-Emmy
Joyce L.
on 7/31/05 7:32 am - Canton, MI
Thanks for responding. I'm really looking forward to this trip. I'll head for the coast and look for those cabins. I saw some pictures online and it looks incredible. Joyce
Most Active