Stronger!?

Angel T.
on 2/14/04 10:55 am - Waycross, GA
Well, I am hoping to be able to get my health back and get back in a truck, the sooner the better! Lord, how I miss the road!!!!! I am working on the surgery right now, hopfully in a month at the most. But, my question is....Do any one else think it will be easier or harder to stay on site and mind wise after the surgery? I feel that it will help me alot, no time to mess around and be around food and stuff. But on the other hand I did gain some weight form driving and eating and sleeping. Just was wondering what was some of yalls thought? Thanks Angel
Allen B.
on 3/4/04 12:49 pm - Cloverdale, CA
Hello, I had my surgery (LAP/RNY) back on March 4 2003. I weighed in at a hefty 422 pounds and was constantly having problems with my back and my knees. I had to have the surgery done because my acid reflux was really bad. They found my stomach was making 4 times as much acid as it was supposed to be making, probably due to all the stress of my job. I am a truck driver here in Northern California. I deliver lumber from my town (Cloverdale ) to all lumber yards big and small up and down highway 99 from Modesto to Tulare. All my trips have multipull stops, anywhere from 8 to 17 stops. On a good day with clear weather and all the forklift drivers in a nice mood I can do about 10 stops in a day. But all the hassle of these places really makes the acid boil. I was out for a full 12 weeks. I tried to go back at about 8 weeks but the vibrations of the truck and the bouncing made it unbearable so I ended up being out the full 12 weeks. Since having the surgery I have yet to feel hungry. I am on a set diet of 3 chicken strips (boneless/skinless), 5 low fat cheese sticks, 2 tbsp of peanut butter, and a couple of protein drinks. I like ISO-PURE, about 40 grams of protein per bottle. If you have more question just email me at [email protected] I sent my before and after pics to this site but have not seen them posted yet. Take care.
chantilly
on 5/21/04 9:53 am - Hamilton, Canada
Since my husband and I started doing long distance trips I gained weight, enough to tell me I had to do something. Now when we are on the road and stop at MacDonalds for breakfast I order the protien meal and for lunches and dinners I try and stick to the protiens and forget about the carbs. I found just from doing that Ive lost a few pounds. Once I have the surgery Im going to make sure I bring my food with me in a small cooler when we have long runs. Ive also been getting out and walking around if we have a long wait to get our product taken off. One thing I find that doesnt help is the odd hours we eat. We might be having dinner at 11 at night or breakfast at 4am. But life on the road sure is fun. I was planning on staying home for two weeks after surgery, I hope that will be enough, sometimes the roads can be pretty rough. When we travel in the 5ton truck its even worse. Good luck Patty
Most Active
Recent Topics
Life after surgery
Keighty S. · 2 replies · 391 views
need to know/insurance
Rebecca D. · 1 replies · 314 views
Do You Know?
littlebit · 1 replies · 322 views
Stronger!?
Angel T. · 2 replies · 365 views