Newbie questions

kami76065
on 2/23/12 1:27 am - TX
HI - I'm new to the site and just at the consideration stage right now.  Checking into different surgeries, which would best suit me, and was looking for others in the same position.  I don't find a search bar on here, so not sure how to do that.

I am considering the iBand (plication).  So far I have had one nutrition visit, but it's unclear how many my insurance company will require.  I've had the phys eval., met the surgeon, and watched a few youtube videos of people in different phases of this journey.
Kami76065

Holly L.
on 2/28/12 11:49 am
VSG on 05/14/12
I did my research...but I ultimately left it up to my physician.  I talked about my weight loss history and my concerns.  We initially decided on the roux-n-y surgery....however because of my migraines we have now changed to the vertical sleeve because I am not able to make the commitment to avoid NSAIDS forever (like needed for the roux-n-y).  

rebelmama
on 4/2/12 1:17 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
Question for your then? I noticed that you had your surgery on 2/27/12 but your tacker says you have lost nothing?? Just curious how that can be? I am looking to have the VGS right after thanksgiving.

Thanks

rebelmama!!!!!

kami76065
on 3/21/12 12:07 pm - TX
Insurance company says they have sent a letter to Fort Worth Lap-Band telling them that the surgery is medically necessary. 

I expect to hear from the doctors office soon. 
Kami76065

Mrsk1020
on 5/4/12 12:11 am - bel air, MD
 I had my VSG, in 2007 and haven't looked back since!  I am so completely happy with the decision I made with my doctor.!!!!!!!!!!!!  140+ pounds down, 15 to go!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4308 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8566 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8090 views