Do Not let someone bully you

Suzanne B.
on 6/28/12 1:37 pm, edited 6/28/12 1:42 pm - OR
Hi Everyone,

Recently I have heard of a couple of people who have backed out from having Weight Loss Surgery with Dr. Aceves. I think to myself what a shame. For the most part they backed out because their “own" families had been giving them such a bad time about doing this. 

I consider these family members “Adult Bully’s" they are the worst kind of bully. Your very own family should be there to support and encourage you to make your life better and most of all healthy. 

You are going to DIE so much faster from being fat. You have an illness or disease and it is called Obesity. If a Doctor told your family that if you did not have your appendix out you were going to die—they would say go ahead and take it out. If you do not have Weight Loss Surgery, you are going to be in poor health and it could result in your death Please think about what I am saying. 

You are an adult and you DO NOT owe them any explanation of what you are doing. Stand up for yourself and your health and be a hero and save your own life. I know it is hard for you to stand up for you—if you can’t then I will stand up for you. You do not need their permission to have weight loss surgery. 

You have earned the right to make these kinds of choices for yourself—you are an adult. 
Most of us have experienced a little of this negative kind of remarks and comments from someone before we have weight loss surgery, but we learned we had to do what is best for us. STOP giving away your power to make good and healthy choice for YOU.

This is NOT about them, this is ALL about you. Take back your power and control—YOU can do this. If you need someone to talk to them and educate them, I am more than happy to talk with them. I find that most of the time people who are these “Adult Bully’s" when it comes to weight loss surgery are misinformed, scared, have all the wrong medical information, and just need a little education. Some are also scared they will lose you if you become skinny and they remain fat. They are being selfish and that is really sad.

I want you to take back your power and put yourself first. It has been years since you have done this. There are so many of us out here who support you and will be there every step of the way with you. So if you are sitting out there and reading these posts and someone has bullied you, this message is directed to you. They want to keep you under their power and control—that is so wrong!! You NO longer need to fear what they think. I am here to help you in any way I can. You can be very successful and healthy and take back your life. Again this is ALL ABOUT YOU AND NO ONE ELSE.

This is my private E-mail—please send me a note and we will start talking. I will call you also if you would like.
[email protected]

Together we will get you through this.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Desari63
on 7/13/12 7:08 am - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12
This is an excellent read and I think you should put it on the VSG board for all to read...

Barbara McKeown

Suzanne B.
on 7/13/12 9:55 am - OR
Hi

Thanks so very much for enjoying this.  I will copy and paste it so everyone will have the opportunity to read it.  I hate people who try to BULLY others.  I guess after working in the School District for so many years, this was the main thing that I disliked the most and ALWAYS tried to stop it.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
lisa2job
on 8/12/12 1:16 pm - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
 well said !!!  hoot hoot !!!  
Suzanne B.
on 8/12/12 7:29 pm - OR
On August 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM Pacific Time, lisa2job wrote:
 well said !!!  hoot hoot !!!  
Hi,

Thanks, I want people to understand that they do not need other people's approval.  This truly is about them and NO one else.  Glad you enjoyed reading it.

Take care,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Pollyanna16
on 11/17/12 7:57 am
VSG on 12/28/12

Thank You for posting. There is alot of wisdom in those words.

Suzanne B.
on 11/17/12 11:17 am - OR

Hi Thanks, I really do dislike Bullies, and there are so many people who are "Adult Bullies".  We all have earned the right and deserve the right to make our own choices.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4308 views