I GOT SLEEVED YESTERDAY!!

msroxy2
on 2/25/13 5:14 pm
I cant believe I did it. I am extremely sors though. The found scar tissue from a previous surgey and had to remove it. I am super thirsty but I cant have anything right now. The pain meds are wonderful. They let me click the button for pain injection whenever i want...wow!!! But they fussed because i wasnt using it. So tje night nurse said every 15 minutes click it. I guess I coukd since they are constantly in here. My blood presure shot up prety high so they are monitoring me very close.
Well the meds are starting to kick in. I will update later. Or add me as i will be updating my.blog regularly.

SarahI
on 2/25/13 7:57 pm - Indian River, MI
VSG on 03/04/13

I am glad you are doing well.  get plenty of rest.  Looking forward to more posts when you have time.  5 more days for me. Yay!

SARAH

gee1963
on 3/6/13 9:14 am - Ankeny, IA
VSG on 02/27/13
Congratulations. I loved the pain pump but they took it away after I uses 2 tubes . Then I had to swallow liquid Lortab nasty!! My blood pressure shot up my 2nd night as well. I have never had that happen.

*~Gina~*HW 338 (10/2009), banded 07/22/10 298, removed 11/29/12, sleeved 2/27/13. (CW)   214 dr scale 3/19/13   

Jillf
on 3/11/13 2:40 pm

Did they ever state why your blood pressure increased?

msroxy2
on 3/15/13 7:33 pm
No they didn't but out was quite scary the way all the nurses ran in trying to take care of me all at once

msroxy2
on 3/15/13 7:36 pm
Omg!!!I was pouting like a baby when they took that pump from me. The other pain meds did absolutely nothing for me. So when I got home I took Ibuprofen that I already had which eliminated the pain.

raincloud
on 3/15/13 2:14 pm, edited 3/15/13 2:15 pm

Congrats. My BP shot up too and also a few days after I went home but it was okay after that. How are you doing now?  Good luck.

msroxy2
on 3/15/13 7:43 pm
Thanks. I had my first follow up appointment yesterday. The surgeon and her nurse were so well pleased with the way the incisions looked, they said I am healing well. I am actually afraid to eat any thing other than soft food so I am not getting enough protein. I've read Sooooo many horror stories on this site about people eating the wetting thing that I am afraid to incorporate new food. But because I am going back to work Monday I will do a little at a time. I will be updating my blog regularly so follow me.

christine500
on 6/18/13 4:26 am

What is a wetting thing?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4308 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8566 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8090 views