Looking for advice

Trisha H.
on 5/25/04 7:14 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hi I was wondering if anyone out there has been given a list to follow for their diet. The only one I got was from the nutritionist and she said eat 6 small meals a day and the dotor says eat 3 meals a day. Boy can this get confussing. Also what about the protien drinks when did you begin them? My doctor has not mentioned them as yet. I am 4 weeks post op on 5/27/04 VBG
Dianne C.
on 5/25/04 11:19 am - Fresno, Tx
Trisha, My doctor told me to eat 5 small meals a day. I do with low caloried snacks and meals. I try to get a balance with vegs and carbs, protein first. I was not told that I would need as much protein as my doc says I need in the beginning. I was only told after I started shedding my hair big time. He told me to get 60/65 grams a day and the only way to do that is protein powders. You can't eat enough food to get it normally or you would probably stretch your pouch. When I get on a plateau I do the Atkins thing but most of the time I just eat a rounder low cal diet of anything. I even use butter but I quit eating before I'm full which is hard but you have to practice at it. Time yourself and after 5 or more minutes of eating wait a few minutes. You will be surprised how you will realize you don't want anymore. Don't starve though, it is important that you at least get 3 meals if you don't get 5. I wish I had started the protein drinks before the surgery.
Anitra O.
on 5/26/04 10:36 am - Houston, TX
My doc says no more than 3 meals a day period. In between meals to drink the protein shakes. I get mine from wishcenter.org.. they are specially designed for bypass patients and are some of the best nutritionally I have ever seen and they taste good too.
Trisha H.
on 5/26/04 1:58 pm - Jacksonville, FL
thanks so much for the advice, I am seeing lots of hair on the bathroom floor after I blow dry. I do have days when I do not eat 3 times. I will try harder to get the 3 meals in. I noticed today I wanted something to eat more often however it was only a bite and I was over it I am going to add the protien shakes beginning tomorrow I am also gonna ask my doctor for more info tomorrow thanks again
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4291 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8542 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8075 views