I am FINALLY HOME!!!

tonia-larson
on 6/5/04 4:17 am - Bremerton, WA
Just wanted to let everyone know that I was home from the hospital; I got home Thursday afternoon. I am feeling pretty good, actually..a little headachy, but I am on pureed foods now, and have to be reallllllllyyyyyy careful!! I don't like the feeling of the tightness in the chest, and so I am eating very slowly. The chugging of the water is so what I miss the most. But I have been assured that it will return (my mom is 4.5 yrs out, RNY), just not a quart of water at a time...but to about 8 0z. so that is allright. I have been walking around the perimeter of my house, about 5 times and up and down the driveway twice. I was about 3 oz short on the fluid intake yesterday, so I am really watching it today. Sure is nice to have something other than water, though. Best of luck to you that have your dates coming up fast..I will be thinking of you. I am a VBG'er, so if anyone would like to talk, please let me know. God Bless us, Everyone
blank first name B.
on 6/5/04 5:46 am - Tx
Congratulations Tonia, Welcome to the losing side. You are right to be careful these first months and not over do it. I remember that tightness so well. I am almost 3 yrs out now, but when I was two weeks out, I ate more than 2 oz of chicken, chewed really well I thought, and I was in so much pain I called my surgeon. The pain lasted about 2 hours. He told me to go for a brisk walk, which really did help. As briskly as I could walk at that time. Then I stretched my arms over my head and the pain suddenly went away. I never did that again! I was sort of testing the waters I guess. I can drink about 16 oz of water now. It is nice to get that back. May God bless you with a speedy recovery.
Dianne C.
on 6/7/04 5:32 am - Fresno, Tx
Tonia, My doctor told me we would never be able to chug as much water as the RNY's. I was upset because there was no way I was getting in 8 glasses of water a day when he informed me of that. Their's just go through, ours can stretch out our pouch if too much at a time. Dianne
Elaine-SugarLand
on 6/7/04 11:50 pm - Sugar Land, TX
DEAR TONIA, JUST BE CAREFUL, AND YOU WILL DO JUST FINE. LOVE, ELAINE -92 222/130
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4291 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8542 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8075 views