Teaching VI kids

jmmurphy
on 4/23/04 1:27 pm - Sandia, TX
Hi, I've worked with visually impaired kids for 14 years in our school district. Sometimes I wonder if I like this population because a lot of them can't see what I look like. I'm itinerant, which unfortunately leaves me plenty of time to eat out at junk food places. I think I will be relieved when I finally have surgery and can't any more. Joanne
saderman
on 12/16/04 10:09 pm - Arlington, TX
I think its awesome that you teach VI kids. I teach special ed, and am learning braille so I can teach VI kids. I know sign language already so I can help HI kids, and being able to teach VI kids would be awesome!! -Sherrie
Tuxedo Katz
on 9/1/05 3:20 pm - Omaha, NE
I know this is probably a surprise response but I just found this site. I'm an Independent Living Counselor for the Nebraska Commission f/t Blind & VI. Are you still learning Braille???? there are some sites out there that can help. I've not tried Hadley but I've got another Curriculum that awesome. I could share it with you bit by bit if you'd be interested. I work with Deaf Blind so I know enough sign to get myself in trouble. Thank God for interpreters. Send me an e-mail and we can correspond if you want. It's 2tuxedokats at gmail dot com. btw - Blind kids are awesome!!!! I'll take a dozen of them any day.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Teaching VI kids
jmmurphy · 6 replies · 289 views