Update from a 2 Year Post Op VSG'er.......

kamehanaokala
on 3/26/09 4:56 am - HI

Hello Ladies and Gents! Tomorrow is my 2 year Surgery-versary and thought today would be a good time to write an update(it's a holiday here at work and it's slow) on my life and how surgery has changed me....not only outside but inside too.

I went from a TIGHT 18 to a 4....at one point i even went down to a 2. Once i found my happy spot and how my body reacted to carbs, sugar and calories i went back to a 4. That's where I'm happiest at. I have no more back pain from a herniated disc that i once suffered from. I feel as if my life is on track. I have control! Heck, my skin tone and breakouts even cleared up now that my diet is not full of junks. My boobs are deflated and my tummy is sagging. Nothing that plastic surgery cannot fix right? Well all that stuff is on the outside. I think I changed more on the inside. FEELING that self control. FEELING that I can make good choices about what I do and having that self confidence to back it up. I shine from the inside out! I have had a VERY ROUGH 2008 to say the least with my step son. I could write a book.....let's not even go there for now. But if i didn't have this ENERGY and SELF CONFIDENCE, i would have crumbled! And i know that there is more mommy drama headed my way this year. I have 4 kids in 4 different schools. All of them will be making a huge shift after summer. Preschooler goes to Kindergarten. The middle school one will go to another level. The 8th grader will head to High School. The senior will head off to college.

I TRULY BELIEVE THAT MY WEIGHT LOSS HAS MADE ME A STRONGER PERSON INSIDE!! That's my story......and i'm stickin' to it! LOL

aloha,

michelle

ps-for my 2 year celebration i finally did it..............i pierced my nose this past Saturday.....WOOOHOOOO!! I'll post pics later.......oh and if any of you are on Facebook, add me.......Michelle Griep

trustno1
on 3/26/09 5:35 am - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 01/30/09 with
That's so good to hear, I think anyone who's not at goal/not long term LOVES to read these posts!  Knowing that it can be maintained, that you feel better and look better is such motivation to me, who sometimes feels like I'll be the one the sleeve doesn't work for.  (not complaining, just moments of worry we all go thru I'm sure). 

Thank you Michelle!  And I'm sorry to hear about the rough time with your step-son, I hope for some smoother sailing here on out for you :)

T :)

I DID Make It - 135.4 8-1-10!  Now working on post baby weight loss. (All WL post-op - preop got up to 220 from quitting smoking & last supper syndrome.)  5'2"
gatormom6
on 3/26/09 7:32 am
Michelle,

Your picture looks great and your post is full of good news.  Sorry about the kid trouble though.  But, at least now you are physically able to handle life's difficulties.

Good for you.

Ms Shell
on 3/26/09 7:36 am - Hawthorne, CA
Michelle...it's always good to read about your life..even with the drama and how your VSG has made it better!!  Congratulations on your two years and here's to another blessed one!!

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Leah H.
on 3/26/09 8:48 am - TX
You are doing AWESOME!!! :) Congrats to you!!!!! 

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

.: Rana :.
on 3/26/09 9:25 am - Near Grass Valley, CA
Aloha, my friend!

Glad to hear that you are doing so well, Michelle!  Isn't it hard to believe it's been 2 yrs alread?

Can't wait to see the pics of the adorned nose!

~Rana

Jesus doesn't want me for a zombie, and He's given me free will so I can choose.  I've escaped this world's snare but I don't have to be square.  Oh yes, I have become a Christian but I still know how to groove!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juR8DoshsUk

Starting weight: 231; Goal weight: 140; Lowest weight: 117;
Current weight: 137 - 140

Lori G.
on 3/26/09 9:41 am - CA
Aloha Michelle-
Mahalo nui loa for writing as a 2 year post opper- we crave posts from successes liek yourself! There is no way I could cope with some of the things that have gone on lately without my VSG- prior to it I'd have reached for the fridge or cupboard to help cope. Now I exercise! Continued great success to you. My sister says there is never a problem in life without a lesson in its hands for us- you might not see it now, but you will be stronger and wiser for your travails with your stepson. XOXOLori

JulieJulieJulie
on 3/26/09 11:18 am - Atlanta, GA
Hi, Michelle - You have been such an inspiration to me since the beginning of my journey.  Congratulations on  your two year success and looking forward to your pics.  Best of luck with all the changes coming up...I know you will surprise yourself with your fierce strength and passion.  Take care.  Julie
Most Active