10,000 steps walking challenge Setup Requirements

msvelvet
on 4/29/09 5:26 pm - Sherwood, Australia
As you know I am coordinating a 10,000 steps walking challenge for anyone who wants to  from this site to join.  Our goal will be to over  the period of our challenge get our physical activity up ti 10,000 steps per day.  It is a simple process to enter and to participate and hopefully the advantage is we will increase our weightloss and add to our physical fitness.  A 10,000 steps organisation in Australia has agreed to host our challenge so you can log your steps daily and we can all see our teams progress!  Yeah for us!

Now, here is what needs to happen;

1.  If you can afford it buy a pedometor so as you can track every step you take in a day.  If you can't afford a pedometor, the website allows you to track in another way....yippee!

2.  I need to you to register yourself on the 10,000 step site.  You will need an email address for this, but you can create a new one especially for this process at hotmail or one of those sites if you don't want to use your own.  Here is the instructions to do this - http://10000steps.org.au/downloads/Individuals_teams.pdf

3.  I need you to pm me after you register with the email address you used, so I can set you up in the team.

For our first challenge we are going to walk the Great Wall of China.  Everyone of the steps we take as individuals will contribute to us as a team walking and completing this challenge.  When we complete that, we can either choose another challenge or I will set one up that we choose to do.

I thought as a value add we might try and create meals and receipes of the areas we are walking and learn more about the culture.

I really hope you want to join me and play in this challenge.  It will be up to you to participate.  You will receive daily reminders about completing your log and I would like you to post daily on the challenge post initially about how you are going, so that those who don't participate can see how we are doing.  By the way when you register and I set you up you will be able to see other team members contribution and achievements.

So register away and don't forget to pm me your participating email address.  I will be adding you to the challenge list over the weekend and we will start next week.

PS  When you go to register your position is member and the organisation is WLS Support Group.....if you need this info.

Anne

10,000 steps walking challenge coordinator to register; http://10000steps.org.au/ and then pm me your email and I will link you to the challenge.

makeitstop
on 4/29/09 9:53 pm
I'll join when I get home from work.  Thanks for doing this.  I just found my pedometer last week!
Joan
mydear52
on 4/30/09 5:06 am
bumping so others can see how to register.......

under 300 lbs on 1/22/09Photobucket
highest weight 430 (100 lbs lost on low carbs & diabetic food plan)
surgery weight 341 (12/15/08)

glitterfy184621890D32.gif picture by MYDEAR52
                     7/28/09

current weight  
my goal is 199

Bored.jpg image by MYDEAR52 i started physical therapy in july 6, 09  
my goal is get out and walk every day  .........

join the 10,000 steps a day challenge
IT'S NEVER TO LATE TO JOIN, EVERY STEP COUNTS 
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/3923216/10-000-steps-walking-challenge-Setup-Requirements/ 

i need a new pedometer

corky1057
on 4/30/09 5:33 am - Holland, TX
I'M IN!!! I've really been ramping up my walking lately, so this should be fun and give me even more motivation to do it!

(((HUGS))) Mary      Pink RibbonSurvivor 

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

JoleneH
on 4/30/09 9:16 am - AZ
This sounds great! I'll sign up tonight at home!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/09 10:11 pm - LA
Aww hun I would love to, sounds great but I cant post everyday so I wouldnt really be accountable?
msvelvet
on 5/1/09 12:42 am - Sherwood, Australia
You can still do it, it doesn't matter if you post in an adhoc way.  You could still edit the day before or whatever.  Please join!

10,000 steps walking challenge coordinator to register; http://10000steps.org.au/ and then pm me your email and I will link you to the challenge.

crazypetlover
on 4/30/09 10:48 pm
VSG on 10/09/08 with
OK - I put my pedometer on the other day and for the first time, made it over 10K steps.  That was a LOT of walking (about 5 miles)  so...  my question......  are we just "trying" to get there and all our steps help?  I don't want to let down the team by not making my 10K!!!

I'm very interested in walking the GW.  I was there in Dec 06 and very out of breath walking a section of it.  Of course we were in Beijing and it's so many steps there!!!
"Women who behave rarely make history"

msvelvet
on 5/1/09 12:43 am - Sherwood, Australia
You just do what you can and even if you start with 500 steps and build up each day, every step counts towards our collective goal.  You have a lot to contribute with your real experience.

Stephanie T.
on 5/1/09 4:10 am - VA
VSG on 02/10/09 with
I'm in!!  I will try to sign up in just a bit.

Monday starts my 24 week training to prepare for the 3day walk for breast cancer I will be doing in October.  So I won't be doing 10K steps everyday, but I will probably average out for the week.  Each week I will increase my mileage, starting with 12 miles the first week eventally getting up to 40!!  The 3day way is 60 miles, so it is going to be a lot of hard work.  But this will give me some extra motivation.  :)

I will send you a note once I sign up!

Steph

Help me reach my goal for the Philadelphia Breast Cancer 3-Day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views