2 years post op - TODAY!!

highmaintenance
on 5/9/09 5:25 am - Waverly, OH

Today is my 2 year surgiversary!!  Time has gone by so quickly but it is amazing how much better I feel today than I did two years ago, even at being 18 weeks pregnant.  My lowest weight was 152 and today I weigh 161.  Over the last 18 weeks have have gained 9 pounds.  I hate to think what I would weigh today without having VSG.  The pregnancy is going just fine, I have not had any complications what so ever.  I met with a dietician in the beginning because she was worried that I wouldn't be able to eat enough to gain the weight I needed to gain for the baby.  I assured her I would do the best I could and I/we seem to be doing just fine so far.  I will say that with this baby I have had a huge sweet tooth.  I have never been much of a sweets person but lately I have wanted to eat anything sweet.  I'm sure that is what helped put on the 9 pounds although the doctor at my last appointment was so happy that I had finally put on a little weight, who would have ever thought a doctor would say such a thing to me!!  The past couple weeks I have focused more on eating fruit when I'm looking for something sweet instead of having a cookie.  I know that is a much better/healthier choice for me and the baby.

Anyway, I just wanted to update you all and say I still feel VSG is the best choice I could have ever made 2 years ago!!

BETH
Starting weight - 292
Lowest weight - 152
Current weight (pregnant with 2nd VSG baby) 178
Baby due 3-2011

Santiago1
on 5/9/09 5:41 am - Canada
Beth,

CONGRATULATIONS on both your fantastic weight loss and keeping it off, as well as being pregnant! You sound great, healthy and prepared for your pregnancy.

Any tips for losing or maintaining for us newbies?

Take good care,
Joy
WakeMeForSummer
on 5/9/09 6:07 am
I am SO happy to see this post! My VSG is set for July 20th-- but starting a family a few years after is in the cards, so I'm glad to see someone doing it sucessfully ! Please keep us posted !
AlisonJean
on 5/9/09 7:22 am - Auckland, New Zealand
Well done you!   Love to hear the long term updates, its very encouraging. Thanks!
Check out my Blog at    http://lessofmeandmoreoflife.blogspot.com/
22lbs lost pre-op

FoxCaffee
on 5/9/09 9:01 am
Thanks for the post. Keep us updated on your gr ogress because I to want to have more babies in the future.
*FoxCaffee*
msvelvet
on 5/9/09 12:09 pm - Sherwood, Australia
Happy 2nd birthday!  And how fantastic to be pregnant and only put on so little.  You are doing great!

10,000 steps walking challenge coordinator to register; http://10000steps.org.au/ and then pm me your email and I will link you to the challenge.

Leah H.
on 5/9/09 3:37 pm - TX
Congrats!!! Keep us posted.

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 100 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views