2.5 Years After a VSG

finallyme
on 5/13/09 5:45 am - Canada
So, most people kind of stop posting after they loose from their surgeries. I was never a big poster back in my day anyway but wanted all of you newbies to know what life really is like on the other side!
I had my VSG done in Nov 2006 I was 280 lbs starting my presurgery diet. had my VSG done in PV with Dr.Joya. In a year I lost 110 pounds. Over the past year I did gain back 10 pounds and now sit at 170-180 pounds - which on my frame is as low as I want to go - I fit into a size 10/12 and that makes me happy! ( I could squeeze into an 8 but I hate being squeezed!) I am now scheduling my plastics ( hoping for a June date!)
So, what is post op life like?
It is wonderful, I found true love (with myself!) I became a stronger person, I found out that I CAN do things I put my mind to. I have struggled, I have eaten things I shouldnt have but it was a rebirth, a gift I could not explain even if I knew the words! I went back to school, I started ENJOYING exercise. I truly became the person I wanted to become. I began to LIVE.

I hope those of you sitting on the sidelines thinking next month or next year take a little bit of advice.
Do it now!
You ARE worth it!
12 months from now you will look back at the choices you have made and marvel at why you waited so long to start living again!

If anyone wants to chat send me a message - I am always lurking but I never really end up posting. I just realised today that now sending in for my plastics date that there probably was someone just like I was 2.5 years ago sitting reading these boards and wondering if it really does FIX you, or if you are going to fail yet again...I did it, you can do it! I know what a gift this surgery is.

I have NO regrets...NONE. The only thing I can say is regrettful is that I didnt get brave enough to take control of my obesity until 2006! These past 2.5 years have been the best. I wish you all success and happiness!
dw45
on 5/13/09 5:49 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
Thanks so much for sharing!

DW

10 lb lost pre-op       5'10
Plastic Surgery completed 12/17/09 with Dr. Sauceda (Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, Medial Thigh Lift & Eyelid Surgery)

BrookeK
on 5/13/09 5:52 am - Arlington, TX
Thanks for your post.  I am about 15 months out and I am glad to hear what is is like at 2.5 years out!  I have never had any regrets,either.  Thanks for sharing!

Brooke K
 I am 5'4" tall

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/09 5:54 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Thank you for coming back now and being an encourager!!
Sarah30
on 5/13/09 6:05 am
Thanks for sharing! I am having my surgery next tuesday and it was very encouraging to read your post. Best of luck with the plastics.
jackie_p36
on 5/13/09 6:05 am
Thanks for your post!!  I am one of those on the sidelines. (scheduled for June 8th).  I am constantly wondering if I'm doing the right thing.  It seems everytime I lurk around these boards someone just happens to post on exactly how I'm feeling.  Thanks for the encouragement I needed it today!!
lalizarde
on 5/13/09 7:06 am
 Oh God, me too.  I really hope I'm doing the right thing.  I mean when I sit down and think about it, I made a good decision, but now that I'm about to go under the knife I'm anxious and can't concentrate on much.

I'm 5' 8.5"
corky1057
on 5/13/09 6:07 am - Holland, TX
Thanks so much, not only from the newbies, but those of us over a year out. After the weight loss levels out, we can begin to wonder and worry whether we can carry it through. Thanks for the encouragement and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

(((HUGS))) Mary      Pink RibbonSurvivor 

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

Amarylis
on 5/13/09 6:41 am - Mexico city, Mexico
VSG on 05/20/09 with
 Wow! I will be sleeved by dr.joya in one week, this is very encouraging...

Thanks and...congrats!!!
multimuse
on 5/13/09 7:20 am
 Thank you so much for this post.  I know that, at a little less than 3 months post op, it is incredibly encouraging to read posts like this.   Thank you for sharing. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 100 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views