how much weight can I expect to lose with the gastric sleeve monthly

Sarabkh
on 10/24/12 12:00 am
I am getting a little bit worried, is it normal/common to lose just 8k in the first month? I thought you supposed to lose more in the first 2 months, right?
Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 10/24/12 12:17 am, edited 10/24/12 12:17 am
VSG on 10/09/12
8 kilos in the first month is awesome!!! Seriously, don't rush to lose all your weight in the first two months...you didn't put it on overnight and it won't leave overnight. It isn't even necessarily healthy to lose so much so quickly, with or without surgery! ..i am in week 3 post sleeve and I have lost abt 6 kilos so far. If I lose 8 kilos when the month is over, I will be over the moon!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

(deactivated member)
on 2/11/13 4:27 pm

I had my surgery 4,5 month ago. I lost 8 + 5 + 6 + 6 the following month's.

I believe that people who accumulate their acces weight around the belly are those who loose a lot of weight in the first month. Since a big belly means full intestines...

DarleneKS
on 8/4/13 9:50 pm

I am going to have the sleeve done next month and i am very excited, so all info you can give me will help.

I have been fighting my weight for about 42 years and now hope

this will give me a new chance at a new life.

Kelly Jean
on 9/26/14 12:11 am
VSG on 04/08/14

It all depends on a lot of factors commitment be a huge factor !!! As far as the same as the lap band !!! I believe that's false.... I'm 5 and 1/2 months out and 94 lbs down .. I pushed myself and did what I was told and exercised a ton! !! All I can say is I LOVE MY SLEEVE AND WOULDN'T DO IT ANY OTHER WAY... but that's me!!! :-)

♡ Kelly

Cleosan52
on 3/4/11 11:05 pm - Youngstown, OH
According to my dr/nut, I am averaging 3% better weight loss then their gastric bypass patients. Which means at each weigh in so far, I am over the benchmark by 3-5 lbs. I have slowed down with the loss but slow and steady wins plus when I don't lose lbs, I loss inches. I recommend taking inches along with lbs.

HW: 324/ SW: 291/ CW: 218 Pre-Op: 33 lbs---1st Month: 24 lbs---2nd Month:14 lbs---3rd Month:11 lbs---4th Month: 8 lbs---5th Month: 5 lbs---6th Month:6 lbs---7th Month:4 lbs---8th Month: 0 (bouncing the same 5 lbs all month)---9th Month: ?
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views