Tijuana Limarp Surgical Unit

LP31FL08
on 10/6/10 10:48 pm
Hey there was wondering if anyone one here has used Dr. Liza Maria Pompa Gonzalas in Tijuana at the Limarp Surgical Unit? I really like the facility and am thinking of having my surgery there a little nervous about going out of country to have it done though please let me know if you have used her and your comments on the whole expericence and your total cost. Thanks so much

Beautiful_day
on 10/6/10 11:15 pm
A friend was comfortable enough to have Lap Band removed there but was not comfortable enough to have sleeve placed there.
Mtl_Boy
on 10/7/10 3:19 am
Hi there,

And that friend is me.I think liza maria Pompa is an exellent surgeon she is PHD she studied in USA and france.
The only reason i didnt have my sleeve there is , its a clinic and i wanted it in a hospital.

Highest weight 265
Current weight 246
Goal  Weight     165
VSG August 31, 2010

newmeki
on 10/7/10 4:42 am - Saudi Arabia
Funny I looked at the same place but because it is a clinic and not a hospital I decided to stick with my original plan and go to Cancun, even though it is more expensive.  I will be in a hospitaljust in case of emergency.

HW 213, SW 187, GW 125 VSG 11/19/2010 BS 32 

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/10 2:45 am
I'm new, but I've been looking at her qualifications and it seems she did a month unpaid at the mayo in the states, and less than a week  in europe.  Hardly a lot.  Also, I find no evidence of a PhD.  She was 24 when she started working in the clinic that her family bought.  No time to get a PhD.   Check her web site and really read the diplomas.  Most of them are for 2 day courses given by band manufacturers etc.  She's only 32 and she may improve in a few years.

LP31FL08
on 10/7/10 4:01 am, edited 10/7/10 4:04 am
thanks! what is the difference in the hospital and clinic?
novascotiadawn
on 10/7/10 10:40 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I've heard horror stories...but, you have to make your own judgement about Dr. Liza Maria Pompa Gonzalas in Tijuana ...

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

Beautiful_day
on 10/8/10 1:01 am
If there are complications you are there, in a hospital. And I have heard of three bands to sleeves where there were complications. In one case the individual was there seven days due to complications. You have got to be comfortable. Dr Aceves and Dr Campos took fantastic care of me. Their support team is excellent NO complaints what so ever.
Good luck on your journeys.
LP31FL08
on 10/8/10 1:26 am
Thanks to all of you I appreciate your feedback!

Beautiful_day
on 10/10/10 2:35 am
I came across this post this morning.

I had a "fake" sleeve by Dr. Pompa in December of '08.  I say FAKE because Dr. Aceves discovered via X Ray that I didn't have a sleeve at all, and during surgery, found a mesh type sleeve wrapped around the middle part of my stomach. It was kind of like a lapband, but not really.  It took him several hours to try to undo it and give me a proper sleeve.  He finally gave up and did a RNY (June, 10)  

I was saddened by not having a sleeve, and for having to pay so much more for another surgery.  I talked to a lawyer, but because the first doctor was in MX, there's not much I can do.

My goal weight is 128 lbs (at 5' tall), but honestly, if I don't lose another pound, I won't complain.  My top weight was 284 and I feel so alive now that I can't even explain it!

I'm posting here because I originally tried to have a VSG and that's where my heart is.  
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 78 views