Surgiverssary With Pics!

breekahouse
on 3/22/11 6:06 am

I had surgery on 3/15/10.  The surgery literally saved my life.  There are times when I still see 342lbs when I look in the mirror, but then there are times when I will catch my reflection and say “damn, I’m skinny!".  Is that weird?

Anyhoo, a year later, I still have great restriction. Some days more than others.  I can usually pack in 2-3 oz of dense protein plus about 1-2oz of veggies in one sitting.  5oz max (meat and veggie) at one time.  My hunger hasn’t really returned, I just get an empty feeling in my belly, though cravings have come back and usually attack me around my TOM.  Too much sugar makes me sick and if I don’t get enough liquids and protein in, I will stall.  I haven’t really exercised all that much in the past year.  Practically not at all.  I probably would be at goal if I had.  I did recently buy a bike and as soon as the weather breaks, I will be taking up cycling and running.  I am planning on doing a 5k in September.

Life is better and I am looking forward to the future!  To those on the fence about having wls; just do it!  it will change your life.

SW: 342 lbs / CW: 175lbs / GW: 150lbs
XJudyX
on 3/22/11 6:14 am - WA
YOU LOOK WONDERFUL!! Congrats! You don't look like the same person! I can't wait to get this weight off and thank you for encouraging me!

Judy
breekahouse
on 3/22/11 11:53 pm
Thanks Judy! Even though it sounds weird for me to say it, I am happy that I can be an encouragement to you.  You will rock it!
haleyh92
on 3/22/11 6:14 am
VSG on 05/18/11 with
 you look amazing!! I can't wait to have results like you!! Keep up the good work!!! :)
BuckeyeGirl
on 3/22/11 6:16 am - TN
What a fantastic year you've had!

Congrats, you look great!
Lindsey

mmartin20
on 3/22/11 6:17 am

YOU LOOK AMAZING!! what an inspiration you are, I am 2mons out, and stories like yours keep me motivated. Congratulations!

breekahouse
on 3/22/11 11:55 pm
Me, an inspiration?  that sounds so funny!  I am happy that I can offer some encouragement even though I haven been the "model" sleevester.  You are going to do fabulous!
Dawnie 88
on 3/22/11 6:18 am
Whoo Hoo! Look at you!   You are doing awesome..you look like a new person..gorgeous!!

I had surgery about a month after you.  Nice to hear from someone close to my surgery date.  I would love to start running too.  I hate that I still feel embarrassed to be seen trying to run.  I guess I should go out after dark..LOL  My mind still thinks of myself as huge as well..but I catch a glimpse sometimes too..and love what I'm seeing.

Start that exercising woman!!

breekahouse
on 3/23/11 12:00 am
Thanks, Dawnie!

I know what you mean, it seems as though there are more newbies than than long timers (if you can consider us longtimers) on the boards.  I am happy that a lot of well needing people have found out about ths amazing tool, though.  I feel embarrased sometimes too, especially since I can only run for about a minute straight so far and I see all these other people getting it on the track.  It doesnt stop us though, right?  Soon we'll both be breezing around the track!

I know, I know...I need to be consistent with the exercise.  A lot of things the surgery hasnt changed.  I am still super duper lazy, but not as much as before.  Thats soon to change.  Promise!
MizzBombChelle
on 3/22/11 6:20 am - Silver Spring, MD
CONGRATULATIONS BREE!!! You look wonderful!!!

Chelle     Height: 5'7"     HW:  299.5 SW: 290.8 CW: 244.6 GW: 158.0      

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 102 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 325 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 369 views