post-op food cravings

livingthegoldenlife
on 3/22/11 5:10 pm - TX

Has anyone been having some weird food cravings post-op, the food that i have been craving and eating just about everyday is cucumbers, and tomatoes sprinkled with lemon juice and salt... Yummy every now and again, ranch dressing... Does anyone else eat and crave things they normally wouldn't pre-op?

sleevedinjanuary2011
on 3/22/11 5:45 pm
 Yes! and unfortunately for me..it's not cucumbers and tomatoes lol i was always a savory person and like anything salty and never really cared for anything sweet.  I don't know if it's all the meat that I'm consuming...but i crave anything sweet now.  I NEVER like chocolate..you could put an entire plate of warm chocolate cookies in front of me and I wouldn't want to eat them..but now, I could inhale a plate..right now, peeps are my enemy.

CJCC55
on 3/22/11 7:35 pm - Cleveland, TN
Yes, I had some unusual food cravings, and for a short period of time I also had cravings for sweets, but that passed, and now I am back to semi normal eating, aside from the smaller portions, and occasionally having an unusual food craving, and occasionally having a day when I can't force myself to eat anything much.
I seem to crave canned tomatoes and fresh apples more times than anything else. I would probably crave fresh tomatoes but they have been less than tasty this winter. Anxious for the summer vegetables to be here.

Wishing you all the best, Carol       
count your blessings!!!!   At goal weight.   I am 5 ft 3.    

skinnymeforever
on 3/22/11 11:23 pm - AZ
Thank goodness...mine isn't sweets but rather it is dill pickle spears.  I can't get enough of them. I'm not allowed to have cucumbers yet but if I could, that would probably be my second fav!  I don't know why we have these. It's so weird.  My cravings after surgery are stronger than my cravings when I was expecting.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 445 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 466 views