Stent -- please share your experience if you had a leak and a stent placement

CidGrad
on 3/23/11 12:52 am - Upper Marlboro, MD
It looks like I will have to have a stent placed to deal with my leak. If you had a stent placed please share your experience and any advice.

val_aiken
on 3/23/11 1:06 am - Port Angeles, WA
I had a leak with stent placement. The first stent they put in was too short so they tried to extend it with a second stent. THat did not work so the place a third stent. I had the stent in for four months and was on several different types of IV tube feedings
Val

CidGrad
on 3/23/11 1:19 am - Upper Marlboro, MD
Wow ... 4 months. A couple questions:
1. Were you able to drink/eat anything by mouth?
2. Did your leak just heal on it's own?

faylavi
on 3/23/11 2:59 am - Laurel, MD
I hope your leak heals quickly and that the stent is successful!

Fay

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

novascotiadawn
on 3/23/11 1:27 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I had a stent placed for my leak. It was HELL!!!, I had told them it moved up into my chest. They did't think it was true. Well I finally got them to hear me when I was bringing up kidney basins of fluid/blood. I thought I was on my way out the pearly gates of heaven. Finally that weekend one of the resident doctors ordered an xray and low and behold, there was my stent in my chest. Had to wait till Monday to get it out. It was heaven once it came out.

Good luck, and sending positive healing vibes. Took a year/year plus to heal on its own..

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

M-Lou
on 3/23/11 2:40 am - OH
I'm so sorry to hear about your leak and the need for a stent.  I am due for VSG on 4/18 and had no idea you could spring a leak more than a year post-op.  Any ideas what causes this and advice on what to avoid? Here's to a quick recovery.  Let us know how it all goes. -

Most Active