I survived the first 24 hours of liquids!

aaron0766
on 3/24/11 12:11 am - OH
aaron0766
on 3/24/11 12:20 am - OH
OMG, I spoke too soon.  LOL.  I am so hungry I just want hit somebody, make 'em feel like I do!....  (Here hit Weeza).  What movie is that from?  I had no idea what this would be like.  I am weak in the knees and kind of dizzy.  I hope this goes away soon. 

And no, my doctor said I could not spice up my shakes or anything.  He said any non-compliance would lead to the cancellation of surgery.  I am going to be on this for 2 weeks prior to surgery, clear liquids for 3 weeks post-op, then 3 more weeks of full liquids, then on to mushies.  I cannot believe I cannot eat solid food for 2 months straight.  I am only getting about 600 calories a day from these @#$%#!%^$# shakes!  The soups clump up and do not dissolve, the berry drink wadded up like bubble gum in the cold water.... I have no idea how I am going to do this.  HELP! 

On the plus side I am not shooting up insulin right now.  My BS has been between 150-213 off the meds.  I am hoping this continues to trend downward so I do not have to go back to needles.  My stomach looks like it is covered in bee stings from the daggone insulin. 

Anyway, it has been 46 hours since any solid foods and I am not a happy camper.  I am determined to do this though.  For once in my life I am gonna see this through.  Please send your thoughts and prayers my way and I will do the same for you.  Please keep me updated on your progress.  I wish you all a long healthy life. 

Danielle K.
on 3/24/11 2:00 am - Evart, MI
 I feel for you! My doctor said the same thing.  But we could spice it up if we wanted.  We even had to come in 1 week before surgery for a weight check.  I wish you strength and speedy days.....I wish I had been as strong as you, I cheated twice.  Just couldn't handle it.

Oh and that line is from Steel Magnolia's
HW: 294 SW: 287 Surgery Weight: 271.6 CW: 218.2        

ahleeeshah
on 3/24/11 5:51 am
I'm on day 6 of my 30 day pre-op diet. I'm somewhat lucky in that I'm allowed one food meal a day, but 30 days is a long-ass time! At about 1 I start getting head hungry. I have a shake, but I still want a chicken sandwich or pizza or pasta. I've thus far managed to make it without deviating from the diet, but it's definitely not easy.

On the plus side, I've lost 5 pounds since Friday, so at least it's working!

Good luck with everything!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views