I survived the first 24 hours of liquids!

aaron0766
on 3/23/11 12:55 pm - OH
Can I just say.... yuck.  I am all about a lifestyle change but this pre-op liquid diet is nasty.  Actually it isn't all bad, but the after effects are well.... not so pleasant.  So, I never really gave it much thought, but being on a liquid diet is a lot like having a stomach flu.  Not pleasant.

Probably way too much information but I am proud of myself for at least completing the first day.  13 more to go!  I really thought I would be dying about now wanting my old comfort foods.  Actually, I did think about cheating.... not in the traditional sense but I wanted campbell's soup instead of the dry packet that clumps and doesn't fully disolve.  I staved off that temptation and I am so glad I did.  I think each day you accomplish something your strength grows.  I think somewhere along the line I have forgotten how strong I can be.  My mother always said I was a determined child and as an adult I let other people tell me what I could or could not do for various reasons.  One being my weight. 

I bought my journals and have been writing down this journey.  I am not going to say this is easy because it isn't.  I just have to have the will and determination and just do it.  I have to value me and take that road of self discovery to find me again.  I know I am in here somewhere. 

Eydiebug
on 3/23/11 1:00 pm - San Antonio, TX
Congratulations on getting through the first day!!!!  It definitely gets easier with each passing day.  Isn't it wonderful to find out how strong you really are?

I wish you continued succes with the pre-op diet.  It will be over before you know it!

Eydie

HW-319 SW-295 CW-186.2 GW-160 BMI-29.1   
maxie1
on 3/23/11 1:03 pm - PA
RNY on 06/10/13
Hi, 
  Way to go keep up the good work.
susan                                                                                                
Kitty1975
on 3/23/11 1:05 pm - Canada
Way to go! I had troubles with the liquid diet too. Was on it for a total of 5 weeks. 1 week pre op and 4 post op. Good luck on your journey!

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
MediumSoon
on 3/23/11 1:05 pm - TX
The first day's the hardest for sure. By day 4 I was fine. You can do it!!!

charlotte180
on 3/23/11 1:09 pm - Phoenix, AZ
 I'm on Day 3. Not a happy camper right now.
janielynne
on 3/23/11 1:15 pm
Congrats Aaron,
   I just made it thru day 2...Yes it is so tough.  I'm not sure what types of shakes your Dr. is letting you use.  Mine is letting me be inventive.  I'm able to add fruit, oatmeal, nuts.....all in the blender of course.  Not all that bad.  i can also have jello and suger free popsicles.

There are suger free syrups you may add to the protein shakes to help with the flavor.

My surgery is April 4th.  When is yours? 

I agree with you about our need to take value in ourselves.  I see this journey as a road to a new me also.  Yes it will be a long road.  We will have good days and bad.  We must just keep our heads up high.  I think  I will get a journal also.  Thanks for the idea.

Look forward to hearing from you after surgery.  Good Luck

Jane
frisco
on 3/23/11 1:53 pm

Right on man....

Just remember...your going through the hard part......

Keep it up !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

countrygolden
on 3/23/11 2:06 pm - Amboy, WA
Great job! I love your determination! You can do this...as Frisco said...this is the hard part! Before you know it this will all be a pleasant (?) memory!!

Starting Weight-228.6, SW-221.4, CW-173 GW-125
highaim
on 3/23/11 2:26 pm

Keep at it!! The temptation to cheat definitely goes away on the post-op liquid diet. I found I wa having to *force* myself to get any liquid in. Then, I was so sick of it that i couldn't wait to get a different taste, texture from mushies........ it's all part of the process.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views