Incision pain

Jasonm11
on 3/24/11 12:55 am
I'm about two weeks post op and of course every time I start to feel like my abdonimal wall incisions are healing nicely I sneeze or cough and they start hurting again.  Today my highest incision just under my sternum started hurting.  It is slightly sore all the time but when I hiccup it hurts like heck feeling like I'm ripping my muscle to pieces....It isn't the incisions on my skin but deeper in the muscle that hurt....anyone else experience this pain this long and is there anything other than just being careful to do for it?

HW(2-19-11) - 375    SW(3-9-11) - 362.5    CW - 204    GW - 220
Reached 100 pounds lost from highest weight at 3.5 months post-op!!!
Reached 100 pounds lost since surgery weight at 4.75 months post-op!!!
KristyGrem
on 3/24/11 1:11 am - Marksville, LA
VSG on 12/14/10 with
It is just your body healing.  I had the same thing happen to me when I had my surgery, only mine was at week 3.  Mine lasted for about a week and then it went away!!  Good Luck!
vignesja
on 3/24/11 1:44 am - NJ
vignesja
on 3/24/11 1:46 am - NJ
I am 5 weeks out and my pain from that incision just started going away about 2 days ago. I still get a little twinge though if I sneeze or cough. I find it helps if you know you are going to sneeze or cough, hold and press very gently on the area that hurts.....that helps me so much.  I didn't think the pain was ever going to go away, but it is now!! Hang in there, I was even able to sleep on my side last night for the first time. I have been slow to recover because I've been having a very difficult time getting in my protein and water, and was just hospitalized 2 days ago for severe dehydration, so my advice to you is, try your very hardest to get tha****er and protein in, that is what is going to help you heal faster!! God Bless and feel better soon! You will !!! :)

Jasonm11
on 3/24/11 1:50 am
I really haven't had too much issue with water or protein....the shakes are a no go but I'm eating more protein through meals....not neccesarily enough but eventually I will....I have been sleeping in every position possible without pain until I got to work this morning. I'm not even sure what started this pain. It just came on out of nowhere....made me think I ripped my staples out but then I realized that had I done that I wouldn't feel pain directly beneath a hole that was cut in me two weeks ago and it wouldn't be the smae kind of pain I get in my other incisions when I sneeze...just being over stupid about it lol....but yea I'm doing pretty good with water and protein....exercise too...and weight loss....just random pain from nowhere....

HW(2-19-11) - 375    SW(3-9-11) - 362.5    CW - 204    GW - 220
Reached 100 pounds lost from highest weight at 3.5 months post-op!!!
Reached 100 pounds lost since surgery weight at 4.75 months post-op!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 282 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 335 views