I feel like I'm not doing it right

melford273
on 3/24/11 1:35 am - NJ
It's only been one week (8 days to be exact) and I'm losing but I feel like I'm just doing something wrong.  I'm still on clear liquids so I'm drinking my water, sf jello, broth when I can stand the smell, I've included sf applesauce just because I needed some consistancy.  And today I started protein shakes.  I also started my vitamins last night. 

It's not like I"m at a stall or anything, I just feel like there's more I should be doing.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin will feel

HW 319; SW 295; CW 274.5

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/11 1:39 am - GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Like what friend?  Raising awareness for AIDS, building houses for the homeless, collecting money for Unicef?  :}

Walking.. you could be walking, but just following your plan is what you need to be doing!

Sometimes, in this journey we need to learn that following our directions IS ENOUGH.  Stop diddling with the cake recipe, we only screw up the cake!

Maybe nap! A nap fixes a multitude of things when my view is askew!

Kelley_S
on 3/24/11 1:41 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 11/23/10 with
napping was essential for me in my initial post op period. I knew nothing was going in my mouth during that time! ;-)

gymmom33
on 3/24/11 2:00 am - Edgewood, WA
 Youre doing fine!! I was also on liquids for 2 weeks after surgery. I was allowed to add in my protein shakes on day 7 and I was supposed to try and get in 3 a day. It didnt always happen in the beginning, but just get in what you can of protein and water! You have to give your stomach time to heel before adding in any real foods. I was liquids for 2 weeks, pureeds for 2 weeks. mushies and then soft foods. I wasnt able to try regular foods until week 9. 
You will also probably go thru a tired phase where you feel like you dont have any energy. This is totatlly normal so remember to nap when you need to. Before you know it you'll be feeling back to normal and the scale will continue to drop!!
Good luck to you!
Diane

HW 367 Start of liquid diet 342  SW 325  CW 199 GW 160
    Diane
melford273
on 3/24/11 2:06 am - NJ
3 a day???  I started on for breakfast and am still trying to fini**** and its lunch time.  Holy cow!!

HW 319; SW 295; CW 274.5

gymmom33
on 3/24/11 2:36 am - Edgewood, WA
 I do the protein powder. I only mix it with about 3 ounces of water since my Dr. wants it to be a little thicker so it sticks with you longer.  If I do the pre-made ones from Costco it takes me awhile to drink them since they are 8-10oz. I get my 3 ounce one down really easy and quick. I think the goal is to get in between 60-90 gr of protein a day. Did your Dr. give you guidelines?

HW 367 Start of liquid diet 342  SW 325  CW 199 GW 160
    Diane
Donna09
on 3/24/11 2:01 am - CA
Sounds like you are doing well!
melford273
on 3/24/11 2:09 am - NJ
Thank you all.  I am just having a blah day I guess.  Its my first full day back to work and I could really use a nap!  But reading your responses makes me feel better!!

HW 319; SW 295; CW 274.5

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/11 2:12 am - GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Chin up girlie! 

More blah days are on their way, cuz that's just the nature of a life, but you keep to the path! 

And remember that you are not alone.  :}
(deactivated member)
on 3/24/11 4:16 am - CA
I think you should be fixing those Japanese nuclear reactors. I mean, come on!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views