I got Approved !!!!!! My story

NuevaMujer714
on 3/26/11 1:50 pm - Irvine, CA
Ok since 10/2010 I put ,y request and got denied 2x's from my Insurance I started seeing Dr. Burch from Cedars Sinai at the end of  11/10 and here we are just wainting to have my Surgery 04/25/2011

Boy this has been a journey and its really just the begging Im just excited not even worried about not being able to eat for a while Im just hapy Ill be healthy and a t a good weight

Any support is greatly appreciated !!!!

XOXO Thanks for the Support            
(deactivated member)
on 3/26/11 1:57 pm
congrats!
Jenn H.
on 3/26/11 3:58 pm - Portland, OR
The fact that you had to fight so hard for approval means you will do all the better fighting to make your sleeve work!  Good luck!

Age: 32 | Ht: 6' | HW: 350 | Pre-op: 330 | SW: 311 | CW: 207 | My Blog: vsgjenn.tumblr.com

Monthly loss: 1,-24lb/2,-13lb/3,-11lb/4,-12lb/5,-11lb/6,-14lb/7,-9lb/8,-8lb/9,-7lb/10,-3lb/11,-5lb/12,-10lb/13,-3lb/14,-1

BJUpNorth
on 3/26/11 11:31 pm, edited 3/26/11 11:32 pm - MN
Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. I know the denial game too, but I just got approved on last Monday. Such a great feeling!!

Time will fly and it will be time for surgery before you know it. I will be praying for a safe and uncomplicated surgery for ya. And if you are wanting GREAT support, you have come to the right place. The folks on this site are the BEST!!!

Best Wishes,
Brenda
MrsClaus09
on 3/26/11 11:32 pm
Congrats on your approval and on getting your surgery date!!!!  VERY exciting time for you!  Please stick around...you're in for a great ride!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
Autumn A.
on 3/26/11 11:34 pm
Congratulations on your approval! I cannot believe how quickly things have progressed after I was approved in July. Time flies by even though it is a lot of preparation and work. Congrats!!!

carabarnes
on 3/27/11 12:39 am
Awesome! Congratulations on keep on keeping on! Happy Loosing!

Cara 
current weight 123
I'm 28 and 5'5.

NuevaMujer714
on 3/27/11 2:49 am - Irvine, CA
 Thank you all for your support Im blessed to have support here and once I get my Surgery I will be able to help others , I started this Journey since 10/2010 after being denied 2 x's and appealing finally i have my date on 04/25/11

Like some onse said here thou its been hard fighting with the Insurance Company gives more of that will power to do my Best to loose weight

Love to all have a wonderful day
Staceygirl212
on 3/27/11 3:08 am - NY
Congratulations!! I am happy you made it through all this insurance headache. I just got my first denial. Any tips for getting approved?      I look forward to updates. April is just a short hop away!!!
NuevaMujer714
on 3/27/11 10:33 am - Irvine, CA
 Hey Stacy girl well all  ican tell u is appeal appeal I t was hard for me casue not only do I work for my own insurnace but my Friens had the route X she had no problems or complications other than her familly haf like high blood pressure

But when i requested to get approval for my sleeve I was denied I intially sent in a letter and said look this are my health issues 1-Sleep Apnes 2-Borderline Diabetic 3- Acid Reflux they denied me 2 times after apeealing the secind time I appealed thru DHS in California and resent my orginal letter and told them how was it that someone with no problems got approved and not me who does have all this Health issues I was approved boy did my Medical Group get back to me in a Jiffy

Stacy I honetly think that with the reform they maybe getting a lil harder casue some dont take this surgery serious only as a one way ticket to be thin

Im happy I got approved My kids need me and I need my health and the one thing I can say I put everything in Gods hands

Best of luck !!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views