Blood Pressure

Candy S.
on 3/28/11 5:28 am - Elgin, SC
I am almost 8 month out and I have been having issues with my blood pressure.  I never had a problem with blood pressure before and never took anything for it.  It was always right around the normal mark (120/80).  I went to Urgetn Care the other day for sinus issues and my bp was 90/52.  The doctor asked me why my blood pressure was so low.  DUH!!! I don't know, you're the doctor!!!  It wasn't like I was at home lowering it before I went to the doctor.  Sorry, I just thought that was a stupid question for him to ask me.  Anyway, when I went for my surgical check up on Friday, my bp was 100/62.  She told me to monitor it for 2 weeks and if it stays low, to see my regular doctor.  Anybody else have this problem?
Height: 5'3" | HW: 262 | SW: 237 | CW: 130 | GW: 135

HollyLaLa
on 3/28/11 5:36 am - NJ
VSG on 03/08/11 with
 Did you feel fine with a bp of 90/50? Not weak or lightheaded?  If the answer is yes then I wouldn't worry too much.  Just make sure that you keep yourself hydrated.  I am assuming that you are not taking any bp meds if you are then it may be time to wean them off.  Some people's bp runs low and are perfectly healthy.  Now that you are loosing weight it is normal for your bp to come down because your heart is not working against all of the resistance of our elevated BMI's.  

Nothing worth having comes easy.  Success comes with hard work and determination and sacrifice!   

ROCK ON!             
Candy S.
on 3/28/11 5:39 am - Elgin, SC
I was having major headrushes everytime I got up but I don't know if that was from the sinus stuff or the bp.  No, I've never taken any bp meds and I drink atleast 80 oz a day.  I don't know what that is about but thanks for the thoughts.

charmaine A.
on 3/28/11 5:46 am - MI
MY blood pressure  is always like that, even before surgery...The only time is was high was when they had me on birthcontrol, and they stopped them due to it.  I wake up every morning and my bp is 90/60 range and my sugar is low around 50..My sugar and my blood pressure raises throughout the day to normal..My endocrinologist told me that I was naturally not a morning person..If you feel ok in that range, then I would think it would be ok, buut keep monitoring it and check with your doctor.

Best of Luck, Charmaine

Lisa D.
on 3/28/11 6:23 am - New Orleans, LA
Maybe since your heart has to pump over such a smaller territory it doesn't have to pump so hard anymore!!  But do consult your doc if you start to feel dizzy when you stand up.  BP could be too low then.  My Mom has always had a normal pressure around 90/70 and she is 76!!
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

Candy S.
on 3/28/11 7:28 am - Elgin, SC
That could be it!  By the way, Congrats on being half way there on your ticker!!!

jengo1971
on 3/28/11 9:17 am

I've been having low b/p since surgery too.  Honestly I wouldn't worry about 100/62, heck that used to be my normal.  Now it's been running 80's/50's or even lower at times!  The only symptom I've noticed is slight dizziness after exercising.  Usually there's no need to worry unless your symptomatic.  IMO there are two causes for mine.  One, not enough hydration.  Geez all I do is drink all day and am lucky to get in 7 cups!  Two and I believe this to be true for many of us wls patients....MUCH LESS SODIUM INTAKE.  Wouldn't you agree?  Good luck.

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views