Thank you

NewDawn50
on 3/29/11 11:43 pm
To all the long-time sleevers who are sharing their stories.  Its obvious you are doing this in an effort to help those of us *****ally want to understand more about how the sleeve has helped all of you do so well.

I know that surgeons and NUTS can only take us so far in what they have to impart.  For instance, Frisco telling us that he doesn't eat to sleeve capacity is something a surgeon wouldn't know to tell any of us.  Or the bowls Sublimate uses to measure, which made me realize how important knowing my exact portions are instead of THINKING I know by eyeballing.  Or what Mke posts as a sample daily menu.  Or how Elina got her rocking bod.  Or how Jimbo lost 300 lbs!  Wow!  I also learned of great food tracking sites, which I now utilize.  This has helped me tweak my food to maximize good protein and to try and get fewer carbs.  I also learned from LiveStrong that I'm eating too much fat, so that is now getting tweaked.  I'm finding that I didn't know anywhere as much as I thought I knew.  And, for the first time, learning more about food intake isn't making me anxious, but accepting of a new way of life that I am really ready to embrace because the frantic thought of "when is the shoe going to drop and I'll start bingeing" isn't there.

I've learned here not to compare myself to others.  I've learned to stay off the scale every five minutes, but to weigh myself just often enough to know what makes me hold water, lose faster and how to keep myself accountable.  I've learned that, as supportive as my family and friends mostly are, that there is nothing like getting support and advice from people who have been there and know what new people like us are going through.  It has begun to give me peace of mind about this journey and not get frantic just because I might not lose as quickly as someone younger, or who has a better metabolism.

Lastly, thanks because I know that newbie questions must burn you guys out sometimes.  This latest attempt by posting your stories has been truly appreciated.

ccbelle14
on 3/30/11 12:00 am - Minneapolis, MN
Hear, hear!

Highest Weight (2008): 360  Surgery Consult Weight: 340  Day of Surgery: 318
Height: 5'10"
justeric78
on 3/30/11 12:14 am - Houston, TX
Yes, thank you all very much. I have picked up lots of good advice and plan to go back and search anytime I have a question first because as nice as many people on this site are almost every question I have seen or wanted to ask myself has been answered a half dozen times or more on this site. It is literally the only forum I have been to where people do not just say hey see that search bar at the top of your screen...good, use it...and I have many many times since I began this journey. Thanks again all for not just losing and forgetting this group.
Momof2Sweeties
on 3/30/11 12:22 am - NJ
Great post..thanks for sharing..

Shannon

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 78 views