Acid???

wantabeskinny2011
on 3/30/11 12:01 pm
I have never had a problem with stomach acid before, so I'm not sure what to look for. For lunch today I had some cottage cheese. About 5 to 10 mins later I vomited some of it up. Then a few mins later some clear yellowish stuff came up that tasted horrible, like vomit smells. Is this stomach acid? I am already taking protonix. But I have been taking it at night.
mysticblue
on 3/30/11 1:01 pm
The yellow stuff is stomach bile. When your stomach purges the food this is what will come up last. As for acid, that could cause you nausea which causes the vomiting, but it also could have been that you ate too much or your stomach got irritated by what you ate. Sometimes I eat chicken and all is well and other times my stomach outright rejects it. Now I have learned this so I take it easy if I choose to eat chicken and I have it with a sauce. I write down all my foods and my stomach's reaction so that I can pick up on trends. I have horrible acid since surgery so I also learned that it was the acid causing so much nausea and vomiting. Once I got that under control, the vomiting stopped.

Lori H.

Pixie-Power
on 3/30/11 1:34 pm - Los Angeles, CA
I hve had problems with acid reflux for years pre-surgery.  Although I had a problem finding a medicine that worked (Nexium is the only one that's effectie for me), I also found out through the gastroenterologist that PPIs are only effective when taken in the morning, unless your dosage is to take 2 a day, in which case you'd take one in the morning and one again at night.  When I switched to taking the Nexium at night, it made a huge difference. 

As another poster noted, be sure you're eating slowly.  Especially in the first month or so after surgery, I would have trouble keeping some foods down because I tried to eat too fast.

age: 53   5'1" tall   HW=231  SW=216  CW=139.8  GW=130         

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views