Mid Back Pain

Linda B.
on 3/31/11 5:57 am - CA
Hey all!
I really feel good over all. I am almost 2 weeks out and today I cleaned and got some clothes bagged up for the clothing exchange. I found I had to rest frequently due to mid back pain. I didn't want to take anything bc my energy is fine. I didn't want to take a step backward. The pain stops with rest. But comes back fairly quick resuming some work. I noticed this shortly after surgery, but thought it was how I was positioned on the table etc. But it's continuing and ******g me off. Any suggestions. I will see the Dr Mon, meantime, I thought I would put it out here.
Thanks,
Linda B

Awesome workout: www.ujamfitness.com 

HW=249#  SW= 236#  CW 179#  TOTAL=71 lost BMI= 30.6
Lose weight with me at LIVESTRONG.COM

peepster47
on 3/31/11 8:22 am
I'm 10 days out and have felt fairly well until yesterday evening.  I had a headache (went away finally) and just didn't feel good.  Today, I have felt sluggish and wonder if I maybe overdone it yesterday morning doing some laundry (with the help of my hubby), etc.  They want you up and moving and it's hard not to do little household things.  I feel that my soreness has settled in my lower stomach and back at this time so not sure if the back pain is common.  Having a rough time getting in enough liquids, not to mention protein but my dr says not to worry about that yet.  Just trying to stay hydrated at this point but I have absolutely no appetite for even water to drink usually.  I also have not had a BM since surgery........sure wish that would happen, thinking I'd prob feel better but with nothing solid going in it may take a while.  I'm not having buyer's remorse but it is a little frustrating right now with trying to force myself to take even liquids.  Someone else said they're doing 2 or 3 shakes a day, I do well to get 1/2 one down.    Trying to keep my chin up these first few weeks.   Good luck on your journey.....
borntobethin35
on 3/31/11 8:36 am - VA
Linda,

I know exactly what you are taking about. I thought I was having back spasms (in which I never had). I felt good enough to do something but shortly after I start doing whatever it is I wanted to do, the pain would come right dead in the mid of my back. My husband tried to rub it but it didn't help. I can't lie to you, it took about 3 to 4 weeks after surgery before it went away. I totally forgot all about it until you just said something. But it will go away. Also if you are seeing your Dr on Monday then you should still ask him. Good luck to you!

Sheka
HW: 272   SW: 256  CW: 189 GW: 170

1st  Goal:    245:    
Achieved
2nd Goal:    220:    Achieved
3rd  Goal:    199:    Achieved
Final goal:   170

"I thank GOD for allowing me this opportunity to turn my life around"

Linda B.
on 3/31/11 9:16 am - CA
Thank you Sheka. It's good to hear it DOES go away. I will talk to him about it. It's really my only complaint so I guess I really shouldn't...lol.
Linda B

jujube123
on 3/31/11 2:06 pm
 I had back pain too.  About 2 weeks after surgery, mid back and under my left shoulder blade.  My sis in law (a Nurse Practitioner) insisted I go to ER to be sure it wasnt a blood clot.  No, it wasnt, just unexplained back pain.  I had it for about another week and finally, it is gone!!  It really hurt when I was standing up for a period of time, like cooking a meal for the famiy.  Mine too would go away if I laid down for a while.  Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views