Decafe coffee

koverturf
on 4/5/11 3:15 am - CA
I am 19 days out can I have decafe coffee!?! I want some so bad...

George B.
on 4/5/11 3:24 am - Miami, FL
I was cleared for regular coffee at 2 weeks post-op. Several of my friends who've also have the VSG were given coffee in the hospital.

Once I was cleared for coffee I have been drinking 2-4 cups daily without it affecting my weight loss.

Good luck,
George

karen K.
on 4/5/11 4:10 am - NY
VSG on 11/05/07 with

I've been drinking regular coffee since I got sleeved.

starting weight  225/  lowest weight 129/ goal weight 135

Brenda L.
on 4/5/11 4:48 am - Raleigh, NC
my NUT and Surgeon says only decaf tea and coffee.
  Brendini                                                              
shekicks
on 4/5/11 5:14 am, edited 4/5/11 5:14 am - Dallas, GA
I put vanilla protein powder in mine to make it legit!  Ha!

I mix a scoop of powder and stir it in real good with some sugarfee liquid coffemate to get the lumps out, then slowly add the coffee.  If it does lump up a little, I just strain it off!  It really is good!     

Beverly

5' 0"              HW-207 / SW-194 / CW-132/ GW-125             57 years old!

emelar
on 4/5/11 5:14 am - TX
I was cleared for decaf coffee and tea immediately after surgery.  What does your post-op diet say?
(deactivated member)
on 4/5/11 7:57 am
I was cleared for decaf right away and I have one cup every morning.  I use Folgers Coffee Singles since its just one cup but if I do make a pot it Gevalia decaf.
Valk
on 4/5/11 8:03 am - Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
You know, the whole coffee/caffeine thing has me wondering. My surgeon's plan says 6 months (I think). They say it's to help the healing. When I told my sister - an MD - that I couldn't have caffeine, she asked why? And then just poo-pooed the healing reason. I never followed up to find out why she thought it didn't matter. I'm gonna try to wait so I don't get addicted again. Besides, my favorite thing about coffee was to have it black with a nice sweet treat. Yeah, need to avoid that for a while.

So, to OP, I think you would be fine with decaf, since the biggest concern has been with caffeine.
Kaiser Orange County - Surgery with Pacific Bariatric at Scripps Mercy Hospital
HW : 272 (6/10)   /   SW: 243 (3/15/11)   /   CW: 184 (9/1/11)

I just realized, I've lost my 9 year old!  Next goal?  Losing the 4 year old!
viola_120
on 4/5/11 8:34 am - FL
My NUT had it as part of my liquid diet post op.  She said to limit caffiene but a cup of coffee in the morning is perfectly fine.
HW-250 SW 241.8 GW 139            
thisbe777
on 4/5/11 9:28 am
decaf?  what's the point?

i have had 1 or 2 cups of real coffee a day since about a month post-op with no problem....

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 68 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 254 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views