It was torture!!! Absolute Torture!!!

Valk
on 4/7/11 6:19 am - Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Okay, I hope that got your attention!

Yesterday, I went with my little boy on a field trip to a farm for strawberry picking.  We took a tractor ride through the fields and every so often, the driver would stop and pull some vegetables for us to eat and take home.  We're talking organic carrots, onions, snap peas, romaine lettuce.  Then we stopped at the strawberry fields and helped the little ones pick strawberries to put in a contained, plus we could eat some right in the field.

Why would yummy, fresh from the garden vegetables that are good for you to be torture?  I'm only 3 weeks out and on soft foods!  I admit, I took a tiny and I mean tiny nibble of the carrot and snap pea - very tiny, chewed to oblivion, so sweet, so yummy.  Then in the strawberry fields, I took some small, tiny bites of the strawberries, they were sooooooooo good.  But, I was very careful on the size of the bites.  Trust me, I was very mindful of what I was doing.

But, who knew I could get so jealous of my 4 yo chewing his carrot down to the green stems!  We had a great time and I definitely want to go back in the summer when they have watermelon tours!!
Kaiser Orange County - Surgery with Pacific Bariatric at Scripps Mercy Hospital
HW : 272 (6/10)   /   SW: 243 (3/15/11)   /   CW: 184 (9/1/11)

I just realized, I've lost my 9 year old!  Next goal?  Losing the 4 year old!
KrisJ77
on 4/7/11 6:31 am - TX
Too funny!!  That sounds like it was alot of fun!! Guess what I crave? Not cake, not soda, not fried chicken - I crave salad!!  Thank God I can finally eat them!! 

mylastchance
on 4/7/11 6:33 am
Sounds like you did a great job, and had a fun day with your child.   It is funny when the 4 year old can eat more than you.  It is okay and so worth it,  in the long run.  The watermelon tour sounds like something really fun to look forward to.  I wish we had something like that around here. 
You are doing great,  keep up the good work and you will be able to eat a whole strawberry again one day.  LOL............

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

MN_Mama
on 4/7/11 7:10 am
Great story!   Anyone know how long after vert. sleeve you can eat a salad?  I haven't ventured much beyond soft or cooked veggies and worry about the roughage in spinach, my favorite greens.
byebyeburden
on 4/7/11 7:25 am
I know!!! I still have trouble eating some raw veggies.  I love enamone (spelling has to be wrong, sorry) and I died, when I ate that. Oranges, raw carrots, ugh....I have to stay away from them.  The only thing that seems ok for me are berries and iceburg lettuce!
~Emily
Surgery Date Weight: 255 

Goal 1: 199 reached 3/4/11
Goal 2: 175
Goal 3: 150
Goal 3: 129

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views