I am home and sleeved!!!!

BJUpNorth
on 4/7/11 7:41 am - MN
Well, just got home abouty 30 minutes ago and things went great.  I am not having very much pain, so I am thankful for that.  The surgery and hospital stay went very well.  A lot of fantastic doctors and nurses.  I even had a couple of the nurses want to hear all about the sleeve.  They were very interested in it.
The only bump in the road for me was I had an allergic reaction to either the pain meds or the antibiotic.  Nothing terrible, just very itchy!!!  So they gave me benadryl through the IV and it would knock me out in no time.  My daughters had a fun time with that one.  It took me 20 minutes to go through 5 channels because I kept falling asleep after each channel.  At least we had some good laughs.

I sure hope that everyone else who had surgery on Tuesday  (or any day this week) goes as smooth for them.  This all still seems a little surreal.  I ACTUALLY HAVE MY SLEEVE!!!!  Can't wait to see the numbers start falling!!!

Best Wishes,
Brenda

Gracieteddy
on 4/7/11 7:47 am - IA
Congrats!  Hope each day gets better!

MELMEL308
on 4/7/11 7:49 am - PA
Congrats!!
                            ~Melanie~
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly"                                       
kellyw74
on 4/7/11 7:52 am - CA
good for you!! keep us posted on your progress!
kelly

KrisJ77
on 4/7/11 7:55 am - TX
YAY!!!  I am so happy for you!!  I had the same reaction you did...my fingers even swelled up!!  Glad your home!!  Keep us posted!!

elzbthn1
on 4/7/11 8:05 am
I got home too yesterday ;) I too had quite a good experieince really. Just trying today to sip, sip, sip, walk, get in some protien (which is harder than you think), rest. be good to yourself and give yourself time to heal, it's all good!
Week 1 10 pounds,week 2 4.4,week 3 2.2 week 4 1.6,week 5 6 week 6 .2 week 7 .6 week 8 4 week 9 .2 up!! week 10 3.4 week 11 .6 week 12 1.8 week 13 2 week 14 1 week 15 1.8 week 16 1.4 week 17 0 week 18 3.4 week 19 .4 pound lost!
Month 1 = 18.2
Month 2= 10.8
Month 3 = 5.6
Month 4 = 6.2

glmglb
on 4/7/11 5:07 pm
VSG on 04/21/11 with
Yay for you! My date is in 2 weeks I am beyond nervous and have considered backing out more than once. Can you give some info on how it went. My surgeon is Mir Ali in Dr. Leports office, will be at Fountain Valley Regional.  Wish you all the best.
sunny10
on 4/7/11 10:13 am

Glad your surgery went welll....

Sunny10    
BJUpNorth
on 4/7/11 12:49 pm, edited 4/7/11 12:50 pm - MN

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement. You are all such dears on here.

Well, my pain meds are kicking in so I am gonna go find my pillow and snuggle in for the night.

TaTa for now.
Brenda

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/11 7:05 pm - Underwood, ND
I was sleeved on Wednesday and got home yesterday too!  I don't have much pain other than a little on the incision sites, but now I can't keep anything down.  I am so nausous.  When I try to drink water or anything it just comes back up.  I'm trying not to get dehydrated!  UGH!  Have you had this problem Brenda?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 276 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views