Went out to Chili's last night...

KikiRox85
on 4/6/11 6:25 am - CA
I thought it was going to be harder then it was. I'm almost two weeks out and still on liquids. I went out with my family and I ordered a French onion soup. I gave the bread and cheese to my sisters who split it. lol It was REALLY nice to be out, eating with my family. I did great. I wasn't tempted or head hungry. I just enjoyed the evening with them. I consider it a NSV. I'm very happy and proud of myself. Just wanted to share.

mwall81
on 4/6/11 6:27 am - MI
 Congrats!  Thats one of my biggest worries when I finally have my surgery is being around all these people eating and wanting to scarf their food and not being able to!  But congrats on your victory!!
Live like your dieing, love like you've never been hurt, dance like no one is watching.

Kristy R.
on 4/6/11 6:35 am - Santa Clara, CA
 Good for you and still on liquids even!  
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

KrisJ77
on 4/6/11 7:17 am - TX
Yay!!  I am 9 weeks out and it's still tricky eating out - fun, but tricky!!  Word of advice, don't eat then accidently take a drink!  I did and it hurt bad! 

smfaith26
on 4/6/11 7:24 am
Yay....that is definitely a NSV!!!  I had to attend a family birthday celebration while I was on liquids.  Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen at that...I just ordered a cup of gumbo and only had the juice.  Like you, I was totally fine.
Stacy

Pre-Op Weight 264      Day of Surgery 257     VSG 2/16/11
foodlover
on 4/6/11 7:49 am
congrats!
no_weighting01
on 4/6/11 7:59 am - Houston, Tx
 Hi, I had VSG surgery on March 21st. I went to Dennys wit my cousin and drank the juice off of a Chicken soup. Whenever I get "Head Hungry" I buy some wings (2) and chew them and spit them out. I call it "fake eating" I am not even intersted in eating after ive chewed the first one. One of my RNY friends taught me that. Good Luck and Happy Losing..down like 25 I think.
Paul11011
on 4/6/11 8:40 am
A definite NSV, congratulations!  I know for me getting back to functioning in the real world was a concern, dinners with family and friends, taking clients out, etc.  Thus far I've found there are choices available, it's just a matter of making the smart choice.  Keep up the good work.
VSG 1-10-2011 Dr. Randal Baker.   www.grandhealthpartners.com

b_stewart
on 4/6/11 9:52 am
Good for you!  It's nice to spend time with friends..

This the day the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.          
AGE 60  HIGH/W 330  PROGRAM/W 252  SURGICAL/W 210 GOAL/W 165
MacMadame
on 4/6/11 10:27 am - Northern, CA
Hey, I went to Chilis for my first meal out too! Only I was days out. (It was my son's birthday.) I ordered a glass of milk and used it to make a protein shake with the blender bottle I brought with me. I'm sure the waiter thought I was nuts.

(And later I found out I was lactose intolerant which explains why I didn't feel too good later in the evening after drinking all that milk.)

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views