Excess Skin

MissJDLane
on 4/8/11 11:58 am - CA

Im a newbie here, Hi everyone, and im getting my sleeve surgery next month in Fountain Valley, CA.

One thing that Im curoius to know is when I lose my over 100lbs will i have excess skin? I plan to work out as much as my body allows me but im worried I may have excess skin no matter how hard i work out. What kind of excercises will i be able to do if I cant do aerobic excercises or weight training the first 2 months?

USAF Wife
on 4/8/11 12:03 pm
Excess skin is determined by genetics, how long we've been obese, and how our own skin will rebound. My skin has changed 100s of times over the last year in maintenance, and every month it gets a bit better. Time is essential, good skin moisturizing/exfoliating, and getting fluids will help. Muscle building will help fill in the loose skin, but there are members on here that worked out intensely and have just as much if not more excess skin as I and I didn't work out for the first 4 months, and it only lasted 4 months for me. I haven't really worked out in over a year, and honestly, the excess, flabby, wrinkly skin isn't that big of an issue for me. I know it's different for everyone, but personally, I'll take my extra skin over the back fat rolls, and my thighs touching.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Valerie K.
on 4/8/11 1:01 pm - Dearborn, MI
I hate my stomach I am getting a tummy tuck as so as I can. I had 4 children and my last child weighted 13lbs 4oz I was so big with him. Being 300 lbs did no good for my stomach lol. I can not wait till I am a year out and ask my doctor about his.

My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

MissJDLane
on 4/8/11 2:16 pm - CA
Well the things im taking into consideration is that

1. I haven't had any children
2. My age, Im 24
3. I use to be a athlete in high school, but I was never thin I was just solid

Im just afraid I will feel just as disgusted with myself seing excess skin like I am seeing fat rolls naked in the mirror. So im training as much as i can now because I know its going to be a while till I workout intensly again. I dont want to wait months till i exercise again after surgery
Babynesh05
on 4/8/11 8:30 pm - Germany
 You might not have access skin at all.. I have lost weight and gained weight.. so the only part of my body that has access skin is my arms right now.. I never toned them and I am going to work on toning them when I reach my goal...

My stomach has gone almost completley flat, I have a really small pudge but I have had a kid.. and it does not bother me one bit.. you cant even tell in my clothes.. I am 23 will be 24 next month and my doctor told me this was the best time for me to get surgery because my skin will bounce back and so far it has.. 

GW 1: 200 COMPLETED! 193-Feb 15th 2011
GW 2: 160 COMPLETED! 160-May 12th 2011
GW 3: 140 COMPLETED! 140-June 17th 2011
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/11 10:47 pm - GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question