NSV - Inexpensive "interim" wardrobe @ 112 lbs. lost

johnbertak
on 4/11/11 7:40 am - MD
Caved to wifey and daughter's demands that I "get some damned pants that come close to fitting you."  Truth is, I was feeling a bit "flappy" in the ass with just the slightest breeze, so today I took advantage of living between 2 major cities (Baltimore/Washington, DC) and visited 3 large thrift shops.  Hooray for Goodwill, the Salvation Army and Amvets!  And hooray for me and my wallet - check this out:
5 pairs of pants (3 w/new tags still on them)
4 shirts (2 obviously never worn)
2 pair of golf shorts (one brand new)
Total cost:   $40.26 
(Plus the "consultant" cost of wifey's lunch @ Wendy's - total of $5.15 w/my sm. chili & cheese)
Could have bought more but, SOME THINGS WERE TOO BIG!  And, at the rate I'm going,
(112 lbs. lost in under 5 mos. post-op,) it won't be long before I'm off on another big-time spending spree.  I've given tons of clothes to various charities since this thing started; seemed like semetry to "shop where I drop" (stuff off).  Pop-Pop  

_Nikki_
on 4/11/11 7:43 am
Way to go !!!! How exciting !! I can't wait to do some interim wardrobe shopping !!
_Nikki_ 

larissas
on 4/11/11 7:47 am
Hurrah! I too have been happy with thrift store finds, plus a few things on sale at Old Navy and a friend's hand me downs (she is shrinking "ahead" of me :) )
HW 309 SW 268 CW 196

Lisa D.
on 4/11/11 8:11 am - New Orleans, LA
Yahoo!  A fellow who understands the joys of thrift store shopping.  Especially when you find something with the tags still on.  Pop Pop-  check to see when your t-stores have 1/2 price days.  Then you are almost giddy when you check out.  Keep on shrinking!
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

johnbertak
on 4/11/11 9:03 am - MD
Truth is, Lisa, I forgot to mention that I did catch sales at 2 of the 3 stores - giddy as hell....
Pop-Pop

changeiscomingsoon
on 4/11/11 9:41 am
REALLY love your post! Super congrats! I just gave away a ton of clothes...kind of literally and that was the best thing. I am going to hit the Goodwill soon too. I finally was able to fit into a 14 and I think I might could find something there now.
Keep up the great work ....WOWWWWWWZA!

lovelyluckylady 12345
on 4/11/11 10:08 am
VSG on 05/31/12
GOOD for you!!! PLUSSSS...Its yard saling time!!! SO sell your "LARGER" clothes to get your "SMALLER" clothes! Its a WIN WIN!

Keep on LOSING!
MizzBombChelle
on 4/12/11 12:02 am - Silver Spring, MD

Congrats Pop-Pop!!!  I live in Riverdale, MD.  Tell me where the best stores are?

Chelle     Height: 5'7"     HW:  299.5 SW: 290.8 CW: 244.6 GW: 158.0      

johnbertak
on 4/12/11 1:32 am - MD
There's a surprisingly good "generic" thrift store in Laurel off of Md. 198 (Sullivan's Restaurant in same shopping center; accross from new Dutch Country Market location.)
Two other Laurel stores are close to each other on Rt. 1; the Amvets is on the S.B. side just north of the city and the Salvation Army is on the N. Bound side about 1/2 mi. N. of Amvets. (It's a little tricky to find, you have to make a right and go a block off of Rt. 1 N.)
Columbia has a Goodwill store off of Broken Land Parkway - it's a stand-alone store near Boston Market. 
Hope this helps.  Always good to get a bargain, right?  Pop-Pop

MizzBombChelle
on 4/12/11 2:10 am - Silver Spring, MD
Thank you Pop!  I lived in Laurel for 4 years so I don't know why I didn't think of those places.  I'll go out to Columbia too.  I need all the bargaining I can get.  I'll let you know what I find.

Chelle     Height: 5'7"     HW:  299.5 SW: 290.8 CW: 244.6 GW: 158.0      

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 259 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views