Foamies? (Of the blender variety, not the barfy variety)

mareacuda
on 4/11/11 2:17 pm - Las Vegas, NV
 Every time I try to make a blended protein shake, its like, half foam. 

WHAT am I doing wrong? My man and I went to Tropical Smoothie Cafe tonight. I (of course) didn't get anything, but had a few sips of his. it was PERFECT... not liquified at all. 

We have an above average blender, but it's not a $500 blend-tec or anything. LOL... 

Any advice from pro smoothie/protein shake makers? 

Thanks!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
TrinaBeeIsMe
on 4/11/11 2:36 pm - NV
VSG on 03/14/12
I read on another site that if you add the powder first then the liquid, pulse a few seconds at a time it is supposed to make the shake without the foam on top. Also i use a shaker bottle and I don't have any problem with foam and my shakes blend pretty well.
TrinaBee                        
mareacuda
on 4/11/11 2:40 pm - Las Vegas, NV
 Thanks Trina! I will try that... 

I have a blender bottle too, but I want real blendy smoothies! LOL... 

How have you been? 
(deactivated member)
on 4/12/11 1:11 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
I just tried that technique with my Magic Bullet and guess what? NO Thanks ever so much, Trina!
(deactivated member)
on 4/12/11 1:20 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
Ok, well as my shake sits here while I drink it, the foam has gradually revealed itself and now is very thick! Weirdness!!!!
TrinaBeeIsMe
on 4/11/11 2:45 pm - NV
VSG on 03/14/12
Been great saw the Dr. today I lost 10 lbs I have one more month till I turn in my paperwork. My insurance requires the 6month visits first so I'm almost there. I am drinking 2 Bariatric Advantage shakes a day and a lean cuisine to lose the 60lbs before surgery. The Dr. wants me under 400 before the surgery.
TrinaBee                        
faylavi
on 4/11/11 11:48 pm - Laurel, MD
I am shake challenged too.  I use some overly priced blender bottle from GNC.  I get half foam half shake.

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 245 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 313 views