Getting Closer!

JenniSmith
on 4/11/11 6:52 am - South San Francisco, CA
Last week I had bloodwork done for my surgeon (15 vials! because of family history), and met with a dietician. She was very good. I am now eating a South Beach Phase II plan on her recommendation, to take off some weight pre-surgery.

I still have to have my psych evaluation, and meet with my surgeon again on 5/4 to see what's next. Cigna has you undergo 6 months of dr visits, so it's not super soon, but hopefully I am on the road to approval!

I'm really learning so much reading all of your posts, I'm glad you're all here!

Jenni
anninva
on 4/11/11 7:00 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
Jenni -- you're on the road for sure and even though it seems like a long time, it will fly by.  i'm glad you liked the NUT and that she's helping you with pre-surg w/l

don't stress about the psych -- mine was kinda wonky but i got cleared and i'm 3 mos out yesterday!!!!

we'll be here as you go thru the stages -- keep us up to date!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

JenniSmith
on 4/11/11 7:16 am - South San Francisco, CA
Thanks Ann, I appreciate it!
BeautyisherGODgiven
name

on 4/11/11 7:01 am
I also have Cigna and I am waiting. My paperwork was sent last week and today a rep told me I have to wait 21-30 business days for a determination. .
I have to say I am nervous and I just want a date
Follow my progress: www.youtube.com/user/livictori                           

JenniSmith
on 4/11/11 7:17 am - South San Francisco, CA
21-30 business days? How painful! Did they have you meet with the doctor's office for 6 months prior to that? I will cross my fingers that you get a date soon!

Jenni
mamabear5
on 4/11/11 12:52 pm
Congrats on starting your journey! I have Cigna too. I have done the bloodwork, the psych eval., done the nut and exercise classes and support group meeting. now I have to do the sleep apnea testing and I have two more meetings with the PCP for supervised diet. then I can turn in papers for ins approval. Its very stressful. I have heard some folks get easy approvals and some denials. some folks have short waits and some have long waits for approvals (kinda crazy)  I wish you the best and hope that all goes well on this journey and that the time goes by fast for you... =)

3sweetpeas
on 4/11/11 12:56 pm - Tehachapi, CA
It's going to fly by for you! I know mine did good luck with everything!
Tamara
Highest BMI & Weight during VSG journey -- 44.5 / 259
Current BMI & Weight -- 37.8 / 220

Most Active