One week pre-op appts w/surgeon and hospital.

Mishie1108
on 4/12/11 5:45 pm - FL
VSG on 04/19/11 with
Had my one week pre-op appointment with the  doctor today which went really well. It's amazing how they act so nonchalant about the surgery - like it's no more than pulling a tooth or something, while I'm sitting there shivering with fear.  And what's with the damned pages of release forms that have "death" in like every other paragraph?  WTH???  I was almost ready to run out the door, but I know it's what they have to do.  Anyway, had my pre-op hospital appointment too with blood and urine tests, EKG, chest x-ray and meeting with anesthesiologist.  All went well and the people at the hospital were FANTASTIC which eased some of my anxiety - though I am still a basket case. LOL 

DR gave me a RX for Prilosec for post-op.  My question is how do you get those pills down twice a day when from what I'm reading it's hard to just get the sips of water and liquids down???  So confused about that one, and what about the pain meds they send you home with or existing meds?  Wanted to ask him but he was out the door before it crossed my mind.  Any suggestions from those already sleeved? 

Oh and BTW, 12.4 lbs lost on first week of pre-op diet.  That was a nice surprise!   
        HW: 387      Pre-op Diet: 368         SW: 348.7          Goal: 175          I am 5 ft. 5 in.

evilelf
on 4/12/11 9:31 pm
Good for you on the weight loss, I also got the pills, keep auguring with the pharmacist that I thought the Rx was supposed to be liquid.Lol. Good luck.
b_stewart
on 4/13/11 12:09 am
I too take the prilosec.  The first couple of days I crushed them and put them in jello which worked just fine.  After a couple of days I found they were small enough to take without problem witha sip of water.
This the day the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.          
AGE 60  HIGH/W 330  PROGRAM/W 252  SURGICAL/W 210 GOAL/W 165
Most Active