Fat Feet? Who Knew? A 13 EEE NSV

johnbertak
on 4/13/11 5:15 am - MD
Caught an early sale on shoes today and instead of needing the 14EEE's I've worn for the past 5 years, I slipped comfortably into 13EEE's.  Okay, they're still boats, but I've moved from aircraft carrier to destroyer - and the selection was greater.  They will make my 3 mile daily walk a few steps quicker, I'm thinkin'.    Does everyone lose weight in their feet?  Or is it just that when I lost diabetes the swelling went down a full shoe size?   Puzzling, but pleasant.  And a good sale, too.
Pop-Pop

ashwarren
on 4/13/11 5:59 am
I also went down a whole shoe size!  I think it's because our feet were so fat and our weight just spread them all out.  Had to get rid of 13 pairs of shoes a couple of weeks ago and have several more pair that need to go, but just didn't have the heart yet!  YAY for NSVs!!!
  HW: 240 SW: 227       
SpiceyMom
on 4/13/11 6:56 am
VSG on 04/28/11 with
As someone who can barely fit in some 11s, I sincerely hope my size decreases!
Mom to 8, looking forward to a healthy future!         
gonersmom
on 4/13/11 11:23 am, edited 4/13/11 11:23 am
You are preaching to the choir SpiceyMom....I wear a women's 13-14 depending on the style.  Well, I did until recently.  I've moved down to a 12(ish).        I keep praying for 11's!!  :-)  Tired of any dress shoes I find in a 14 looking like a Transvestite Las Vegas Showgirls shoes....no offense to any TLVS that might be here!  LOL

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
Ulysses
on 4/13/11 9:04 am
johnbertak,

I don't know why your foot "length" would actually decrease...I would think that the ankle's/cankles? Would get smaller as fluid is lost..
I am in the same unfortunate "Gun-Boat" as you.
I wore size 13 in HS, and I now wear size 15 athletic shoes and 16 in dress shoes. I haven't been sleeved yet (12 more days!) but I never noticed my feet gaining weight like the rest of my body did.

I HOPE I drop a few foot sizes - buying 15/16 shoes is an expensive online nightmare...I don't have much hope for it though, i'm 6'3, had these feet before I was super-obese man, and could palm a basketball when i was 9...So I think your feet are genetic.

Cheers,
J

VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

USAF Wife
on 4/13/11 10:21 am
I dropped from an 8.5W to a normal 7, and in bowling shoes I need a 6.5.

I think I only need more length to accommodate my huge Fred Flintstone type feet.

Congrats on the new kicks ! ! !
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 261 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views