First day home

ptatum
on 4/18/11 5:14 pm - Oceanside, CA
I was feeling great when I got home. Then the pain hit. got my medications and feeling better. Taking everything slow. Really slow. I'm excited to start exercising again.  Thank you for prayers.

harleybella
on 4/18/11 5:59 pm
im glad your home!!! Take it easy the first few days back home and you will feel better!! I'm 2 weeks out and feel pretty good!!
VSG on 4/4/11!!
Starting/Surgery/Current/Goal
273/     248 /      201/      155

ptatum
on 4/19/11 9:57 pm - Oceanside, CA
Thank you for the encouragement. I thought I was doing a lot of things wrong. I will slow down and tank my time. Be more careful. This is delicate.  
Congrates on your two weeks out. Keep up the great work.
Petrease

cherubchic85
on 4/18/11 6:34 pm
I'm wishing you all the best! Hang in there, the first few weeks can be brutal physically as well as mentally. From what I've read most people feel better by week 4 totally (I developed a leak I still have so I'm not sure about how it should feel after for someone who heals normally). But like I said, most people say week 4 is when it starts to get much better!!!
ptatum
on 4/19/11 10:00 pm - Oceanside, CA
Thank you and I am in for the long haul. It is so new and truely a life style change.  I am diabetic also so I do heal a little slower than normal. Patients is what I pray for.
Petrease

Lananala
on 4/19/11 12:08 am - CA
Hang in there! It really does get better. Keep walking!

Lisa
                          HW 233 SW 220.2 CW 157.6 GW 150

quintons_mommy200

on 4/19/11 1:10 am
I'm sorry to hear you're in pain. Hope that subsides quickly.. Will keep you in my thoughts. I'm a huge fan of Oceanside. We visit from Iowa every couple years or so, got married on the pier. Feel better soon! 
ptatum
on 4/19/11 9:53 pm - Oceanside, CA
Thank you for your reply and thoughts. I have to change my timing and go slowly.  When they say sips of water I need to pay close attention to doing just that. I am glad you and your husband like it here.  My husband got married in 1988 in PA. brought our sons out here for our honeymoon then moved out here a year and a half later. We have been here every since. It is a beautiful place. If you come again let me know maybe we can meet and have lunch at the pier.
Thank you again.
Petrease

evilelf
on 4/19/11 1:20 am
Congrats to you, got home yesterday also. No real pain just feels weird to drink.
ptatum
on 4/19/11 9:45 pm - Oceanside, CA
That is true I felt weird drinking such small amounts especially water. I will get there. Tonight I made the mistake of drinking just before sleeping that was not good to do. I have reflux and grd every time.  Prilosec may have to be increased or I need to go slower. Thank you and congrates on your surgery. I will keep you in my prayers.
Petrease

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views