Home with the kids and wanting to lick the counters

cyd000
on 4/19/11 8:41 am - Vancouver, WA
My kids are on half days all this week which means I am constantly in the kitchen fixing them something to eat. 

I have been starving since surgery so I am going CRAZY with hunger pangs.  I cant wait until next week when I am off full liquids and I can actually eat something with substance.

At this point, with the pre-op diet, I have been starving for months so I can stick it out another week, right?

HW: 267, 5'3", 37 years old
Pre-op - 13lbs lost
Month 1 - 17lbs lost
Month 2 - 11lbs lost
Month 3 - 3lbs lost
Month 4 - 8lbs lost
Month 5 - 4lbs lost
Month 6 - 5lbs lost
Month 7 - 4lbs lost
(deactivated member)
on 4/19/11 8:46 am
Hang in there, it gets easier when you are eating solids.  Are you sure your hunger is not acid?  I would really check that. 
foodlover
on 4/19/11 8:46 am
right!  I am one of those who was STARVING after surgery and it's just now starting to go away at one month out.  I have 4 kids so I know how you feel.  I wanted to shove just one bite in my mouth so many times but stuck it out.  Now, I am feeling more full because I am on mushies, but it doesn't take the cravings away. 
LYNNFERREIRA
on 4/19/11 8:47 am - BERKELEY, CA
SORRY TO HEAR YOUR STARVING!  MY DR. SAID THAT HE WOULD BE REMOVING THE GLANDS ALONG THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE STOMACH THAT CAUSE HUNGER??? MY SURGERY IS DAY AFTER TOMOROW GETTIN KIND OF NERVOUS..I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO NOT BEING HUNGERY  LOL
MN_Mama
on 4/19/11 9:04 am
One day at a time!! I was hungry with a capitol "H" on the liquids too, but hang in there!  You are letting your new sleeve heal slowly and completely so you can move forward with your new life.   It's worth the wait.  Babyfood, I mean Pureed food never tasted so good. 
Maybe make a bunch of snacks and sandwiches at  one time so the kids can help themselves?
Take care, and keep sharing.  

Most Active