really need advice.

Kelley S.
on 4/22/11 11:40 pm - Pekin, IL
WALK WALK WALK...that is the only way to get reid of the gas and bloating...nothing else will...do not drink carnation that stuff is junk...didn't your doc give you a list of recommended proteins. I am 3 years out and I would only recommend a 100% whey protein ISOLATE...check the ingredients. It boost weight loss, is best absorbed by your body, and helps reduce hair loss because it has the most complete amino acid profile. You shouldn't be taking tabs...get a liquid pain reliever prescribed. I was prescribed tylenol with codein, but I was fortuante enought o never use it...after the tube came out, in the hospital for me, I never had another ounce of pain and was back to walking 4 miles withing a week. All kinds of things will not taste right because the ghrelin that used to stimulate your appetite and cravings affects your brain and how things taste to you...I now cannot stomack eggs or plain water, I do fruit2O and it keeps me from getting ill...things will improve, but he 3 most important things are WALKING, A GOOD source of protein, and WATER WATER WATER...it helps move the gas and bloat out! Best wishes on your journey and I so so sure  you will do great!

20 lbs. pre-op

tanieanie
on 4/23/11 5:55 am - WI

Thank you so much for explainging it so well,    Today is doing soooooo much better.  Ive been adding my unjury unflavored to by drinks and it made a wold of difference.  I feel more awake and alert than I was.  Yesterday was the worst!  

Also the reason I wasnt taking pain meds is because narcotics make me sick and I ended up with violent dry heaves.  The good news is today I dont seem to need a pain reliever.  I have been up and around walking.

I will head down to the GNC and find some whey protiens that I hopefully taste better.

Thanks so much for the advice.

walmartian
on 4/24/11 6:10 am
I'm glad you're doing better; I didn't need painkillers either, the walking worked for me. If you did need/want to take the liquid tylenol, a dose does not contain enough sweetener to make much difference (I am not one that thinks all carbs are bad, or that a tiny bit of sugar means disaster) I was able to swallow tablets right after my surgery and was allowed to do it.

Kelley S.
on 4/24/11 9:36 pm - Pekin, IL
I could swallow tabs right after surgery as well, but I still use liquid as stuff moves through our systema little faster and tabs aren't as effective. I Use chewable vitamins and calcium to this day...3 years later, to ensure maximum absorption...I think in the end that is the real pill dilimma, at least hat is what my doc told me.Just throwing this out there in case it helps someone out LOL

20 lbs. pre-op

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views