I'm scaring myself...what if it doesn't work for me....

Susan M.
on 4/24/11 9:26 am

Today I am less than 2 weeks out and supposed to be on a liquid diet for 4 weeks, then mushies for 4, then Phase 3....  Easter Sunday dinner with inlaws that don't know about my surgery.  Everything looked soooo good.  Short story...I ate a quarter size piece of lean roast, qtr size pc of turkey breast, 2 - 3 tablespoons mashed potato, and 1/8 of an asparagus spear.  I put a roll on my plate to disguise the emptiness and slipped it to my DH halfway through dinner.  I chewed the heck our of my baby pieces of food and everything was fine.  Felt full.  Stopped eating.  Had some sugar free ice cream a few hours later.  No nausea, no pain, no vomitting.  I've lost about 12 lbs since surgery but if I start eating normal food (still meeting protein goal and no bad carbs) am I going to screw up the big weight loss in the first few months.  Now that I've tasted regular food, I'm not sure I can go back to liquids for 2 then mushies.  Any advice welcomed!!!!

HW: 272  SW: 245.5  CW: 234.5  GW: 150    
mareacuda
on 4/24/11 9:30 am - Las Vegas, NV
 I am a full advocate of following your surgeons guidelines. You chose them for a reason, and they chose a liquid diet for 4 weeks for a reason.

That being said, I highly doubt it will seriously "hurt" you in any way... just be careful! Talk to your surgeon if you don't feel you can do another 2 weeks of liquids. They may have a suggestion for you :) 

Good luck!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
mylastchance
on 4/24/11 9:44 am
You really do need to be careful,  I am sure you haven't done any damage,  but there are reasons the surgeons have us go through the process of liquids mushies and so on.  Our stomachs have been cut out,  there is tender and fragile areas in there.  We have to take care of it.  We take care of it in the beginning it will take care of us for the rest of our lives.  Be good to your new stomach.

You are going to be good,  this will work for you,  you have to make it work,  you don't really have a choice.  You can't go back,  you can't change anything now.  Follow your Dr.s plan and you will make it to goal.  You are going to be able to eat regular food again down the road but for now take it easy.  It is so worth all the work we have to put into this.

Good luck to you

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Susan M.
on 4/24/11 10:03 am
Excellent advice....back on the wagon as of right now.

HW: 272  SW: 245.5  CW: 234.5  GW: 150    
peachynptc
on 4/24/11 10:05 am - Fayetteville, GA
Tomorrow is 2 weeks out for me. I started purees a day early. I had pureed stuffed eggs and pureed broccoli casserole. A few baby spoons of it and I was good.
I read a story on here or somewhere else that talked about a GPS. When you do the wrong turn, you just recalculate or do a U turn. Same thing with this. Just bc you did the wrong thing, jump back on it tomorrow. 

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

goddessofthelight
on 4/24/11 10:07 am, edited 4/24/11 10:07 am - Klamath Falls , OR
It will work for you I promise, but you must follow the guidelines your doctor told you about. Just becaeful and go back to liquids only. My doctor had me on liquids for two weeks and mushies for four months. But that my my doctor and not yours so just start drinking your protein shakes.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 88 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 301 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 348 views