Hair loss--HELP!

cece58
on 4/24/11 11:56 am - CA
I am now 7 months out and started losing my hair about 4 months ago. It came out in gobs!!! I have really thin hair and it is very stressful. I know that this topic has come up before but I just want to know how long until my hair will start growing again? I take all kinds of vitamins and get all my protein in. It has sort of stopped falling out, but it's just not growing.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

heathermc44
on 4/24/11 12:22 pm - Bremerton, WA
 I'm not sure if there is really anything you can do but I did order Ovation hair products and I'm not sure if it is coincidental but my hair is really starting to come back.  I'm noticing lots of new growth.  Again, could be a coincidence.

cece58
on 4/24/11 12:32 pm - CA
How long ago did it start falling out? I just would like to know how long I will have to go like this. It is so thin. I asked my daughter to tell me the truth about how it looks and she was brutally honest--told me I should start wearing hats! I will try the Ovation and see if it helps.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

(deactivated member)
on 4/24/11 1:46 pm
Hi Cece, the same thing happened to me but it has all come back now and looks better than before.  It started falling out around the end of the third or beginning of the fourth month and fell out until I was about seven months out.  I bet if you look really hard, you will see some tiny hairs growing in all around your head.  I remember hatting it when it happened, but I hardly even remember it now.  It will be OK and the worst is over.  Good luck.
cece58
on 4/24/11 2:05 pm - CA
Thanks for the encouragement. I had cancer several years ago and it all fell out then. I should know all of this by now but the stress makes me forget. All I ever wanted was a thin body and fat hair. I have the thin body -- just need to work on the hair.
Lisa

(deactivated member)
on 4/24/11 2:10 pm
Hey you beat cancer, this is nothing.  Don't even stress about it, it will come back.  If it's really bad, you might want to look into a wig.  They have some really nice ones now and they are cheap.  You might want to go to a wig store and just try some on.  Make it fun, look at it as a fashion accessory.  (((HUGS)))
cece58
on 4/24/11 2:21 pm - CA
Aw, thanks. Dr. C suggested the same thing. I swore I would never wear a wig again after the cancer. I hated it then and can even think about it now. I know I can get through this. Something to look forward to.
Lisa

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views