Post-op question

Lisa S.
on 4/28/11 6:18 am - TX
Hey everyone!

I had my sleeve done on Tuesday afternoon! I have a question for those of you who have already gone through the procedure.

I am literally hurting all over my body. My calves, thighs, back, hips, shoulders, arms and neck hurt terribly. The best way to describe what I am feeling like is that I feel like I either was in a rough fight and I lost, or I was in a triathalon! lol I called my doctor's office and she stated she would let the doctor know, but noone has called me back.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there something I can do to lessen the tightness that my muscles feel? When I was at the hospital, I was getting around very well right after my surgery. I was walking the entire floor of the unit, every 30 minutes. The only soreness I felt was on my left incision. I knew that was going to be sore.  It's really hard to walk now, but I am making myself continue to walk and move about.

I may be overreacting, but my gosh, I didn't think that every muscle in my body would ache like this.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Lisa

DragonGirl
on 4/28/11 6:22 am - MN
It could be anesthesia gas trapped in your body. My shoulder was killing me in a previous surgery and that was the cause. Have you tried Gas-x strips at all? They were a God send!

Heidi
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
Lisa S.
on 4/28/11 6:23 am - TX
You know, you're right!! They were giving me the strips while I was in the hospital. I don't have the strips, but I do have the chewables. I could add that to some water and see if that helps!

Thanks so much!!!
Lisa S.
on 4/28/11 6:53 am - TX
Oh my!!! I took some of the Gas-X and already I have some relief!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

troup76
on 4/28/11 8:27 am
I would agree with everyone else. It is gas. Take the gas strips, move around as much as possible, and also try wearing body toning garments like spans or assets (target). Body toning clothes add light pressure from the outside. Really helped me with the gas and pains.

Terri
95 lbs down
Surgery date 11/2/10
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/11 6:25 am
Sounds like one of those things your surgeon told you to call about.  Give his office a call.  Better safe than sorry.
Lisa S.
on 4/28/11 6:29 am - TX
I've already called. The nurse said she would tell the surgeon, but I have not heard back. I called early this morning.

That's why I posted here, to see if perhaps I was overreacting. I'm thinking I overdid it in the hospital, and now that the meds are wearing off, I am feeling every bit of it! lol

Thanks!
rmv101575
on 4/28/11 6:31 am - WA
I had the same reaction when I had anesthesia for the scope. My body ached all over, like I had been in a car accident or something. It only lasted about a day though. I haven't had my surgery yet, but I am dreading the same reaction.

Congrats on your surgery, and hope you feel better soon!
~Ronda

Inikah J.
on 4/28/11 6:37 am - Houston, TX
This maybe TMI but have you passed any gas.  I tooting left and right the day after surgery and it made me feel so much better. 
Lisa S.
on 4/28/11 6:41 am - TX
*giggles* I have had some gas, but I am hearing some bowel sounds. If this pain is caused by gas, I am going to be so embarrassed! lol

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views