Out of surgery

SpiceyMom
on 4/28/11 7:30 am
VSG on 04/28/11 with
Tired, sore, chillin a lot. Been out of surgery about four hours but haven't been asked to walk yet. Should I just get up anyway? The told me I could go to bathroom, though.

Dr. Alvarez says I had a big stomach. Lol
Mom to 8, looking forward to a healthy future!         
metime
on 4/28/11 7:35 am - chesapeake, VA

I couldnt walk right after surgery I was so tired from the meds..they just asked me to move to a chair after a while. Im sure someone will be in shortly to see how you are, I wouldnt get up the first time with no one being around. In case you feel dizzy...Congratualations!!!

mylastchance
on 4/28/11 8:34 am
Welcome to our world,  sounds like things went well.  Yes walk as soon as you feel up to it but do wait till someone is with you in case of dizzyness.......better safe than sorry.

You don't have a big stomach now!!  LOL 
  Rest, sip, walk and do it over and over, again, and again

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Herbie55
on 4/28/11 8:52 am - MI
Never was it remotely suggested that I should get up and walk by the staff in my hospital. Although I know you are in a different place where they are mostly bariatric patients, I think that it is up to you to decide when you can walk. One thing I did notice, when you look down at the floor you get real dizzy from the meds. Take it easy. You will be great!
Njmama
on 4/28/11 12:02 pm
Congratulation! sounds like you did well!
SpiceyMom
on 4/28/11 12:26 pm
VSG on 04/28/11 with
Pain is now down to one tiny sore spot on my left side but I'm lying on that side now so obviously not a big deal. Walked in room 3 times and it really felt great. I thought my right leg was swelling but doctor came up, checked it out and said it was fine. I think I may have overreacted on it a smidge. :blush:

Yay! Now tomorrow I can tackle ice chips and swallowing. Lol
Mom to 8, looking forward to a healthy future!         
MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 4/29/11 12:54 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
Dr. Alvarez told me the portion of my stomach that was removed was big too.   No....he said it was HUGE!
He warned me that the largest of the incisions would be really sore because that's the one he used to pull my huge stomach thru.  The one you are lying on now is probably the same one.  Since our stomachs were so big and had to come thru that little hole, my was bruised.  It was the only incision that EVER hurt but I've only taken a pain pill once since being home. It never got over a 4 on a 10 scale and even then it was a transient thing.   I am now 3 weeks out and it is still a little sore but will stab everyonce in a while if I twist or pick up something too heavy.  However, the incision healed beautifully!
Don't be upset if the ice chips don't go down smoothly at first.  The cold of the ice will help but take it slow.  You have a lot of swelling in there. 

Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 94 views