UTI common after surgery???

sweetiepie01
on 4/29/11 12:31 am - MO

So I havent been putting out as much urine as I should be although Im getting in plenty of fluid. I also had a really bad odor and pelvic pain (TMI) so I went to the doc to have it checked out.  The results just came back that I have a urinary tract infection.  Could this be why my weight loss has stopped?  Is this common after getting sleeved?  Please let me know if any of you have went through this and did you start back losing weight once you were able to get treated.

Jeep1974
on 4/29/11 12:59 am - MI
Did you get a catheter? I personally have never had a UTI but I cant imagine that they are a picnic.

NoEscape21
on 4/29/11 1:13 am - Apopka, FL
If you are getting in a lot of fluids but not putting out much you may just be retaining water and that can cause you to not seem like you are losing. From what uti's can happen after surgery, but I am already prone to them anyways so :(
  Unicorns fart rainbows and magic!              HW:272 SW:260 GW:120
 Blog:  Weighed Down: A blog about becoming a former fat girl
Youtube: 
No Escape's Channel Join: The Pin -Up Girls: Vixens in progressLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Danielle K.
on 4/29/11 2:17 am - Evart, MI
 *knock knock* 

that's me knocking on wood.  I haven't managed to get one yet but I am SO prone to them and I usually end up with them up into my kidneys too.
HW: 294 SW: 287 Surgery Weight: 271.6 CW: 218.2        

Crabadams72
on 4/29/11 2:36 am - Silver Spring, MD
I've never read that they are more common with the sleeve. I have had several UTI's and mine get bad. The last one I had went into my Kidneys and they were thinking my Kindeys were going to be affected--but they weren't.

chrissycookit
on 4/29/11 3:28 am - Rensselaer, NY
OMG let me tell you about a month after my surgery I had a UTI...I honestly thought it was a yeast infection becuase of the symptoms...so I was treating for that..for a few weeks then finaly on the day of my daughter's senior prom I was in soooo much pain I had my hubby bring me to the ER...and of course it was a UTI...now be careful because I told the Dr. that I just had sleeve surgery and now have a very tiny tummy...they prescribed me ciparo (spelling?? sorry) 1 pill 2x a day...I had to cut it in half and I could taste the inside of it...GROSS...but it was way too much for me i was going nutso....out of my mind...I couldn't drink or eat ...I had no desire to do anything at alll....just sleep...I was almost halucinating....I didn't shower..the day I went to the ER was Friday night got home early Sat morning...on Monday I called my surgeon cause I knew something wasn't right...he said come on Chris you have to get your fluids in ...blah blah blah....on Tuesday am I went back to the ER and sure enough the dosage was just way too much for me...they switched my meds,,,and within 12 hours I was like a new person...so Be CAREFUL with the meds they give you....oh and my surgeon said yes it is very common after surgery (any) to get UTI's cause of the catheter.....good luck....

(deactivated member)
on 4/29/11 6:21 am
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 203 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 287 views